Chapter 42 - An Unexpected Family Gathering

Frankie

I wake up with my guys all around me, looking at me worriedly. I'm wondering what happened when last night comes rushing back to me, "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to take a sip of that drink. I was just holding on to it until I got away from him. I remember throwing the drink on him and walking outside of the room looking for you when I absentmindedly took a sip. The next thing I know he's there and taking me away and I couldn't stop him." I feel the tears come to my eyes again.

"Oh sweetie! We don't blame you. We blame that asshole who drugged you and tried to have his way with you. We're just glad that you're okay. How do you feel?" Cameron asks.

"A little groggy, but other than that, fine. How did you find me?"

They start to look a little sheepish, "I heard you call my name and when I looked up, he was flipping you over his shoulder and took off. We lost him in the crowd so we used the tracker that we installed on your phone after you left us the first time."

"I'll be mad at you a later, right now, I'm glad that you put it on my phone or I don't know what would have happened to me. What did you do to him?" I'm kind of scared to ask.

"We beat his ass. Then we told him that if he ever came near you again, we would beat him again and have you charge him with drugging you and attempted rape." They are looking at me for my reaction.

"I'm glad. He deserved it." They all look relieved.

"I'm going to run you a bath so you can soak. Then we'll just relax all day," Cameron says. I hear him call from the bathroom, "And don't think that you'll be able to go to the bathroom in public again without one of us going inside with you." Dylan and Rand nod in agreement.

They talk to me while I'm in the bathtub. Cameron gets in behind me and holds me. He whispers in my ear, "It scared me so much when I saw him toss you over his shoulder. Then when we lost you in the crowd, my heart almost stopped. I'm glad we got you back safely." I move closer to him and lean back to kiss his cheek. He wraps himself around me and I feel instantly safe.

We spend the rest of the day in my bed watching television and talking. They won't let me get out of the bed except to go to the bathroom. They go to get food and then take the dirty dishes back downstairs when we're finished. By the time Monday morning arrives, I'm back at a hundred percent.

I walk into class on Monday morning and Rian comes over to sit by me, "Hi!" I don't say anything to her, I just get up and move to another seat.

When the guy comes into the room, I notice his whole face is black and blue. Good. He deserves it.

When class is over, Rian tries to talk to me, "What did I do?"

I roll my eyes, "If you don't know, then you need to figure it out. You completely proved to me that you aren't trustworthy. Now please get away from me." I walk out the door and over to Dylan.

He leans down so he can see my eyes, "Are you okay?" I nod and see the guy from class come outside and down the stairs. I walk over to him and his eyes widen, but he stays in place. I don't speak to him, I just kick him in the balls and walk away. Dylan grabs my hand and pulls me away chuckling.

Grandpa A finds out what happened and wants to ruin his family for me. I talk him out of it, telling him that his grandson's took care of it pretty well. Then I tell him about me kicking the guy in the balls and he lets out a large belly laugh.

The next few weeks go by quickly and peacefully, much to our relief. We are coming up on Thanksgiving. Both of the Grandpa's call and tell us that they are coming down to spend the holiday with us. I'm really excited. The fathers find out that they are coming and insist on coming down for the holiday also. Cameron and Rand's brothers find out and are coming down with them and that means that the trio are coming also. That, I'm not excited about. Luckily, our house is a lot larger than the other one, so we'll be able to fit everyone in the dining room.