Chapter 27 - More Birthdays and Spring Break

Frankie

The next couple of weeks were spent going to school, and planning Rand's Birthday dinner and activity.

Rand's birthday went off without a hitch. He and Cameron took off early on his birthday just like Rand and Dylan took off on his birthday and didn't come back until about twenty minutes before dinner.

I made his favorite meal, quesadillas and Spanish rice. I made his favorite cake, strawberry and we went bowling. I had so much fun when I figured out that it was kind of like skee-ball. The ball was really heavy so they had to find me a smaller one so I could roll it down the lane without pulling my arm socket out. Amy and I threw a lot of gutter balls, but we had a lot of fun. Rand loved it and told me that it was the best birthday that he's ever had.

We're working on our homework in the office when Cameron looks up. "Where are we going for spring break?"

Dylan adds, "We have to go somewhere. We need to take Peach to a nice place so she can relax."

"What about Hawaii?" Rand suggests.

They all turn to me. "You don't have to take me anyplace. Just being here with you all is enough for me," I tell them.

"No. We have to take you someplace. This has been a hard winter and the weather hasn't even broken yet. Hawaii it is. I'll call Ronnie and find out the dates of her spring break," Rand says. He immediately picks up his phone and calls her. After he gets off of the phone, he tells us, "Her spring break is the same week as ours and she will bring Amy and the Nanny with us. This will be great!"

I'm feeling a bit excited, "I've never been to Hawaii before. I've never been anyplace before. I can't wait to go."

All three of them smile at me affectionately. "Nothing but the best for our girl," Dylan says.

"It's decided. Hawaii it is! I'll let Ronnie know." Rand texts her and she responds immediately. "She said to let them know when and where and they'll come."

"We're going to have to get her down here to take Frankie shopping," Dylan says, "She's going to need a couple of swimsuits and some summer clothes to wear."

"I can shop by myself," I argue.

Cameron crosses his arms and looks at me, "Where would you go shopping?"

"The thrift store."

He turns and looks at Rand, "Text Ronnie and see if she can come down this weekend and we'll take her shopping."

Rand looks down at his phone and texts Ronnie again. There is an immediate reply from her again.

"She says that she'll be here on Friday afternoon. Who can go shopping with them?" Rand says. They all look at their schedules and Cameron says that his is open. Since the last time we went to the mall, the guys will barely let me go anyplace by myself. At least the two guys are in jail now. Ronnie and I had to go to court and testify. Their lawyers tried to tell the judge that I beat them up, but she told them that she saw the tape and they deserved what I did to them. They both got six months in jail and a restraining order against them. If they come near us again, they will do five years in jail. I really hope that keeps them away from us.

I finish my homework first and go to get drinks for everyone. When I come back, I sit them in front of everyone. When I sit the drink in front of Rand, His arm slides around my waist and pulls me down to his lap. My arms go around his neck, pulling him close in a hug. He nuzzles my neck, "MMM, you smell so good."