Chapter 29 - Tourism Hawaiian Style

Frankie

We sleep for a couple of hours and then meet in the living room after getting dressed. Amy is excited because the first place we are going after lunch, is to the zoo.

While she's bouncing around asking when we are going to leave, Ronnie turns to me, "This is why we don't tell her where we're going before we get there."

I laugh, "That's okay. We can go eat at the zoo and then walk her around. Hopefully, we'll tire her out again and by the time we get back tonight, she'll be ready for a bath and sleep."

Rand walks into the room, "Let's go!" Amy jumps up and runs to the door opening it.

We walk to the elevator and pile in. "Are we going straight to the zoo?" Amy asks.

"We are, but we are going to eat first before we walk around and see the animals," I tell her.

"Why can't we go see the animals first?" She interrogates me.

"This is my first time at the zoo too, but I want to eat before I walk around so I can have enough energy to see all of the animals," I reason with her.

She's absorbs what I just said, "Okay." She turns around to Dylan asking him what kind of animals are at this zoo.

Ronnie turns to me and mouths, "Thank you."

I smile, "No problem. To be honest, I'm more excited than she is to see the zoo. I've never been to the zoo before in my life."

She looks at me in amazement, "Did you do anything as a child?"

"I'm sure I did, but I don't remember. I do remember that even before the car accident, my parents were barely there for me. It seems like the accident was a good excuse for them to hate me," I take a deep breath to keep my tears from welling up.

I feel Cameron's arms come around me, "We're here with you now and we'll make sure that your life is nothing but happy with love and new experiences all the time."

I lay my head on his chest, saying a small prayer in thanks for the love that I get from my guys.

The ride to the zoo is spent with my face stuck to the glass again. I hear Amy across from me asking where we are going to eat when we get to the zoo. She is such a seasoned traveler at four years old and here I am eighteen years old and I haven't been anywhere or done anything.

I shake off my pity party. I'm here in Honolulu, Hawaii, with three handsome men who love me so much. I also have my first female friend. My life is wonderful right now. My men want to give me all sorts of new experiences and I'm getting them all before my target dates.

I feel Rand's hand on my back. He's talking to Cameron, but it's absently moving around in circles. I feel instantly comforted.

We pull up to the zoo and the door is opened for us. Amy jumps out before anyone else can get out of the car. "You better stand right there until I get over to you," Ronnie directs at her sternly, getting out of the car behind her.

We pile out of the car and pay to get into the zoo. Cameron gets a map and we look at the restaurants inside and decide on one closest to where we are located. When we walk inside, it looks like a regular concession stand. We order hot dogs, French fries and drinks.

While we're eating, we map a course of how we will go through the zoo. They ask me which animals do I want to see the most and the only answer I can give them is, "All of them."