Just another day

Começar do início

"So that's why there's a horseshoe-shaped dint in the door. Now things are making sense." He laughed.

"I nearly killed myself and you pick up on the bloody horseshoe. Some brother you are" I laughed hitting his arm.

"Hey, I liked that door. It's a good door" He defended.

My reply? I just rolled my eyes and grabbed my backpack and headed out of the cabin Percy hot on my tail.

"Wait for me, gods for someone with tiny legs you sure do walk fast." He called only to receive yet the other one of my signature glares. "Hey come on. Hang out with me and the rest of the seven well I mean minus Leo... Come on it'll be fun."

Pealing his arm off my shoulder I turn to him and begin to make my descent to the forest backwards.

"I think I'll pass this time but umm thanks. See you later Seaweed brains" I stutter before making a dash for it.

I run through the forest the wind in my hair until I can finally hear the rush of the stream that cuts through the centre of the main clearing. The forest around me was a sight that never failed to take my breath away. The luscious green field with thousands of wildflowers scattering the forest floor by the banks of the stream. The crystal clear waters rushed through the clearing bring music to my ears and it rushed over the shining quartz stones. I loved it here. It was my safe place. Nobody knew about it. I found it the first day Percy went missing before I sort of lost it. This place brought me some form of comfort that Annabeth couldn't.  So she searched for Percy while I crumbled but the beauty of the place always managed to mend my broken heart for a little while.

See Percy's place was always the lake or the beach near large masses of water. Me, on the other hand, I felt terrified near those things. Yes, the water intrigued me but I couldn't swim so despite being a daughter of Poseidon I tend to stay clear of oceans rivers and lakes.  Ponds and streams even puddles. Smaller masses of water was where I always found solitude. It meant I was somewhat closer to my father even if it was a significant distance but it was what I was comfortable with. Percy still doesn't understand why I just don't jump in and learn. Everyone finds it ironic how a child of the sea could be afraid of something that was in her very nature. Well, phobias are bitches.  They're aren't easy to overcome.

Anyway. I came to the clearing to not only clear my head and avoid my training schedule but also to practise my control of my father's domain. Since I've kinda gotten a little rusty.

"Okay Sophia, you can do this" I whispered as I focused on the task at hand. Picturing the molecules I bend the water to my will, creating a mermaid out of the water from the streams. The water playfully danced around in the air. Focusing again I created a water dragon. My heart broke as it stared into my soul with big beady eyes. At that moment I wished it could always hold that forms it would be nice to have a friend around. Even if that friend was a seven-foot shimmering dragon made completely from the water.

"You're cute but I don't think dad will be happy if I try to keep you" I sigh losing focus on the water molecules only for the dragon to stay fully formed and staring at me as I did the same back. Utterly in a state of shock.

"I have never seen any of my mortal children pull that of Sophia. I have to say I am impressed." A man's voice boomed from behind me. I turned to face a man in a Hawaiian shirt and board shorts a man I knew all to well to be my father.  I felt my new pal's presence behind me as he placed it's head over my shoulder as I nodded my head in my father's direction. "It is truly a remarkable creature. He will protect and guard you I can sense it. Hmm, he seems rather silent how bout I give him a bit of a voice."

With that my new pal let out a thunderous roar that left a chill down my spine. The creature turned to me and I watched as it's once see through body turned to a glistening shimmer of sea blue and silver scales. He lay timidly beside me letting out soft grunts every so often.