“Well of course!” She opened a few cabinets and pulled out a bottle. “Archie did not specify who my human-spray was for when he asked me for it, or now even. I gave him the weakest dose. I’m so sorry princess, I hope you can forgive me…I did not been to endanger you.”

“Don’t worry about it. What’s done is done.” I smiled and she passed me over the bottle.

“I made this for you a few weeks ago, knowing that you would get your powers when you were sixteen. It’s the strongest dose possible of human-spray without any nasty side effects.”

“Thank you Bethany.” Archie took the bottle from my grasp and tucked it in his coat pocket.

“It’s no problem, have you thought about getting the princess some training so she’s safe-” Bethany was stopped by a knock on the door.

A worried look was passed between Bethany and Archie.

“What’s going on?” Dylan asked and Archie put his index finger to his lips, telling her to be quiet.

There was another, more determined knock at the door followed by a loud male voice “Bethany, open up.”

“Who is that?” I whispered.

“John, he’s a water Element Manipulator.” Bethany took a deep breath and then looked at me “You need to hide upstairs. All of you do.”

“I’ll stay here.” Archie crossed his arms “I can just say we’re carrying on the search for Arabella.”

“Come on,” Kyle grabbed my hand and all four of us ran out of the kitchen and into the narrow hallway.

Water started sliding in through underneath the door and not in a naturalistic way.

“I’m coming John!” Bethany shouted and followed us out of the kitchen “There is no need to flood my house!” She pointed to the stairs and then looked at us, telling us to go up.

We all clambered as quietly as possible and ran into the first room on the left.

Shutting the door behind us we heard Bethany open the front door.

“Hello John.” She said in monotone.