I walked towards the front door in silence, terrified of the monster that was going to open the door. Would she have a wart on the end of her nose? Would she be wearing a black cape and have a pointy hat? Would she be green? Would she want to kill us all?   

“I’m not sitting in the boot on the way home.” Kyle moaned and bent his knees before straightening them again. “The boot seats’ are meant for small people like Ari.”

“ My name is Arabella.” I corrected in monotone.

Just as the words left my mouth the front door flew open and there stood a woman who must have been in her late thirties stood with a ginger cat by her feet. She (the woman, not the cat) had long blonde hair that must have reached her waist and she wore a pair of light blue jeans and a low-cut, bright red top which was showing too much of her, ahem, assets. On her feet were a pair of the highest heels I had ever seen (and that even excludes the heals Macy wore on Halloween last year and fell over onto her face when she tripped over a wonky paving stone).

“Hello Bethany.” Archie greeted her.

That’s Bethany?

She was nothing like the monster I thought she would be.

“Y-you have the girl.” She looked straight towards me as she spoke “Please Princess, come inside.”

I looked over at Dylan-who was looking a little pale from travel sickness-and rose my eyebrows. What happened to this woman being a bitch?

Hahaha a bitchy witchy.

I’m such a looser.

How did she know I was the princess anyway?

Did she use her witch magic on me?

She probably just heard you talking to Kyle idiot.

Oh God now I’m insulting myself.

“Arabella,” Aiden touched my elbow and I looked up at him, confused. “Are you coming in or what?”

Looking around I noticed everyone was staring at me. “Oops, sorry.” I blushed and took a step into the house.