‘Interesting,’ Blake’s sexy voice interrupted my team’s teasing. We all looked at him who was giving us an amused look. His eyes slid to me for a moment and that made me flush for no reason. He smirked at that and turned his attention back on us and his team. ‘So since the softball team had seen how we tackle and being the best audiences, why don’t we give you a chance?’

Oh no.

He called out a name-Trevor and a tall man rose from the ranks. I paled at his sheer form. He was heavily built, more muscles on his legs which tell me that he did a lot of running to pump up his strength. He looks like he can tackle anybody and everybody. ‘Oh my god, you’re the fullback,’ I said without realising.

He broke into a smile. It seemed that my guess was right after all. Blake gave me an appreciative look before looking at us with rapt attention. ‘As what Ally had said, Trevor is my fullback. He is able to chase and tackle any player who breaks the first line of defence, and must be able to catch kicks made by the attacking side. Hence his size.’

‘And what position are you at?’

I gave an eye roll while Abby scoffed beside me. That junior was a loss cause. He usually doesn’t involve within this school at all. ‘He’s the wingman,’ I replied my ignorant team mate before Blake could, seeing that he was too shocked to actually say anything. ‘Fastest players.’

‘I didn’t know you know rugby,’ Blake spoke to me, his expression a little bit mysterious to me. I didn’t like that look at all. There was a glint of evilness in his eyes. ‘Come here, I want to demonstrate how to tackle the fullback.’ 

Oh shit, see I said I didn’t like that look.

‘You’re kidding me,’ I told him with a flat stare and curled my arms around my chest in defence. ‘I can’t stand a chance against him, he’s huge!’ That made the rugby boys laugh at my sentence. What it was true!

His lips curl into a smirk at my sudden outburst. ‘I was just kidding Ally, you won’t be the only one. Forwards get to your places!’ he said and then his rugby boys, the main eight forwards came forwards and got into position.

A rugby scrum consists of two team's eight forwards, with each team binding in three rows. The front row is composed of the two props and the hooker. The two second row forwards bind together and directly behind the front row with each putting their heads between the props and the hooker. Lastly the back row is made up of the two flankers and the number eight. The flankers bind on each side of the scrum — next to a lock and behind a prop.

I exchanged bewildered looks with my team mates. I will not have my head near someone else’s ass!

Oh my god.

‘So who is the strongest person in your team?’ Blake asked, addressing us as one. ‘I will need eight people for this to complete the scrum. So who is it?’

I glanced at Kenneth on instinct, the brawly six foot five boy that was standing quite furthest away. He raised an eyebrow at me and shrugged with a bored look on his face. Looks like he wasn’t the one who hated being here either. ‘Kenneth is the strongest,’ I told Blake, jerking my head to the brawly boy.

‘Alright Kenneth, you are the number eight. You bind between the locks at the back of the scrum, providing extra weight at the push.Number eights interact with the scrum-half at the back of the scrum to control and provide clean ball for the backs. They can also pick the ball from the back of the scrum and run with it or flick it to the scrum half,’ Blake explained lengthily to us.

He just lost us there.

He just chuckled at our lost faces. ‘Alright, I will form the front row. The front row is composed of the two props and the hooker,’ he continued speaking and ignoring the snickers from my team, he looked at us, his eyes calculating as he sought the players out. ‘You two, number 23 and 56, you two would be my two props. You two are to provide stability at the scrum and support the hooker in quickly winning the ball.’