Petrah

Nurse Joy smiled behind the counter of the Pokecenter and said, with polite concern, "Is there anything I can help you with?" Serena panted, she and Ash had run the whole way to the Pokecenter, "It's Ash's Bulbasaur," Serena got out, a shocked expression plastered on her face, "It's turning blue and it bud is opening. What's wrong with it?" Ash nodded his head in agreement, though he was obviously panicked. Nurse Joy spoke calmly, "It's okay, Bubasaur is just evolving."

Serena's jaw dropped. Pokemon didn't evolve like this, they evolved in a flash of blue light, it took about thirty seconds. This was not how Pokemon evolved.

"Bu-" Ash started, but Nurse Joy stopped him, "Five years ago , Professer Oak and my sister, the Nurse Joy in the Saffron City Pokecenter, asked all the trainers passing through there if their Pokemon had evolved. Sadly, only ten percent of their main six Pokemon evolved naturally, without stones. Some were even actively fighting the evolution and harming themselves. So our solution for this was to genetically modify Pokemon to make them gradually evolve. we bred many of the genetically modified Pokemon and released them to breed in the wild. Now most of the Pokemon you will find in the Kanto region will evolve gradually, as it is overall better for the Pokemon. For example, your Bulbasaur should finish evolving in two days or less

"Thank you Nurse Joy." Ash said politely as they left the Pokecenter. Serena stared down at Bulbasaur and laughed, "What are we supposed to call you now, Bulbaivy? Or maybe Ivybulba?" Ash chuckled and Serena picked up the little monster. Bulbasaur yelled, "Bulba!"in happiness and licked Serena's face. It was a happy scene until Petrah stepped out of the shadows.

 It was a happy scene until Petrah stepped out of the shadows

" I challenge you to a battle, Ash Ketchum." Petrah said, opening her navy and sky blue satchel to pull out a Pokeball. Serena noticed the badge pinned to her violet sweatshirt, she must of beaten Brock. 

"Sure," Ash said, "Go Bulbasaur!" As he called out the seed Pokemon, Serena released the risks he was taking. Petrah would probably have 2 or 3 Pokemon, one being her starter. If she chose Charmander, Bulbasaur would be annihilated, If she chose Squirtle, Bulbasaur would beat it and if she chose Bulbasaur, they would be stuck in a deadlock.

Then Petrah would have gotten Pokemon from the routes. There were only seven this far into Kanto and they were Pidgey, a flying type, Rattata, a normal type, Caterpie, a bug type, Metapod, Caterpie's evolution, Weedle, A bug poison type, Kakuna, Weedle's evolution and finally Pikachu. Bulbasaur did not go well against bug type, poison type and flying type. So five out of the seven Pokemon Bulbasaur would be defeated.

"Go Charmander!" Petrah yelled, and Serena felt her heart sink. Bulbasaur had beaten Vulpix before, but grass types and fire types, when it ended it went bad for the grass types.

"Bulbasaur, use Poison Powder and then Take Down!" Ash yelled and Bulbasaur complied, covering Charmander in dusty powder and then using then normal type move to beat up Charmander. Charmander looked around like a stunned mullet before his eyes turned glassy and he fainted.

"Come back and have a rest Charmander," Petra said almost softly, "Go Pidgeotto! Use Gust!" Bulbasaur was surrounded by the relentless wind until it stopped and revealed him lying still on the ground.

"Bulbasaur, return! Go Pikachu!" Ash yelled defiantly, "Use Thunder Bolt and then Iron Tail!" PIkachu said "Pika!" and then used the moves. Pidgeotto fell onto the ground in faint and Petrah said, "Don't be too smug, I will beat you next time!" And ran off towards the Pokecenter. Serena said, "You did an amazing job Ash, but I don't think thats the last we will be seeing of her." Ash laughed, "I agree," But he was cut of by a delivery boy.

"Are you Mister Ash Ketchum and Miss Serena Yvonne?" The boy asked, panting. Serena said surprised, "Yes that's us." The boy looked excited and said, "Then this is for you." and handed them a lumpy package.                                                                                                                                                     -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,                                                                                                                          The picture of the girl up there is Petrah, sorry about her not being the best. I couldn't find a picture of what I wanted her to look like on Google Images so I drew my own.