Serena's First Showcase

Serena woke up in the morning with Ash's arms wrapped around her. She smiled, and slowly teased herself out of his warm embrace. She quietly changed into a her sky blue showcase outfit, finally tying her hair up with the  faded blue ribbon Ash gave her all those years ago. She had prepared everything for the showcase, down to the makeup. She had Glow Casters and  the corresponding keys, A Princess Key to be awarded to the winner and the perfect location. Now it was just time to execute her plan.

While Ash was training Bulbasaur yesterday, she had prepared her Pokemon. The posters were up, and everything was going according to plan. She had an example routine for the competitors, and yesterday she had made sure the venue was set up.  Now all she had to do was wake up Ash.

"Wake up, sleepyhead," Serena said, while shaking him playfully, "You have to get ready! My first showcase starts in a hour!" Ash rolled over and mumbled, "Serena, I need more sleep."

"I have coffee!" Serena said, as a last ditch effort to get him out of bed. At the word coffee he sat up and said, "Where is it?"

"I will give it to you, Ash," Serena said, loving the way his name sounded on her tongue, "If you get you and your Pokemon showcase ready. Then, the coffee is yours." She finished with a flourish, wafting the coffee tantalisingly under his nose. It was as if watching a wind up toy suddenly come to life after being wound up. Ash got out of bed, got dressed into decent clothes, and brushed Vulpix with care. 

"Now can I have the coffee?" Ash asked, clearly pleading. Serena sighed, "I don't understand why you need coffee to wake up, but here you go. Now we have to get down to the arena. Come on, let's go!"...

Serena was shocked, it was 9:15 and still no one had shown up. It wasn't like this in Hoenn, when she and Palermo had set up showcasing there. Maybe it was because Kanto was a small region, she reasoned. Then she saw a stranger with blue hair walk up to the stage.

"Serena," Miette said, "Long time, no see."

"Miette." Serena adressed her curtly, she knew that this was more than a friendly visit. Miette wanted Ash, she knew it , and she would be here to challenge her. Serena was Kalos Queen and Kanto Queen, since she was starting it, there needed to be a queen, While Miette was Hoenn Queen.

"So, Kanto Queen," Miette said, obviously hiding something, "I have three Princess Keys, so I challenge you, from Hoenn Queen to Kanto Queen." Serena laughed, "I would accept your challenge, Miette, but who would vote? Ash is the only person who is here."

"Ash would choose, of corse," Miette said throwing a Glow Caster at him, "Are you ready, Serena?" Serena knew this was a trap, an elaborately planned trap. This was Miette's way of getting Ash to chose between her and Serena. But she had to accept, as long as there was one person voting.

"Are you joking?" Serena asked, determination written on her face, "I was born ready!" And with that, She, Braixen, Pancham and Sylveon started their routine.

"Braixen, use Fire Spin! Sylveon, use Fairy Wind!" Serena called as a ring of fire formed around her and her dancing Pokemon. Sylveon's fairy wind transformed the licking flames into a assortment of fire flowers, ever growing and changing. The fire disappeared and revealed Serena and her Pokemon floating, supported by the Fairy Wind.

"Pancham, use Dark Pulse, Sylveon use Draining Kiss!" Serena yelled as her Pokemon bounced to different sides of the stage and lauched the attacks at each other. When they hit, they caused beautiful black and pink sparkles to fall all over the seats. They all struck a pose and Serena said, " And that's all! Now it's your turn, Miette!"

Miette and her Pokemon, Slurpuff, A male Meowstic and a Kirlia sashayed up to the stage.

"Kirlia, use Charm! Meowstic, use  Charm!" Yelled Miette as her Pokemon ran across the stage and lauched the attacks. When they crashed into each other, they caused pink hearts to shower down on the already glitter covered seats. They all joined in the centre of the stage and did a short dance routine.

"Slurpuff, use Draining Kiss! Meowstic, use Psyshock! Kirlia, use Heal Pulse!" The three attack met above Miette's head and formed a  ginormous tiara.

"And the real Kanto Queen is done!" Miette said with a flourish, as they all struck a pose, "So who you going chose, Ash!"

"Umm," Ash's said, and started up his Glow Caster, "Serena's routine was, umm, a bit better than your's, sorry Miette." Ash fumbled with his Glow Caster, finally setting it to pink.

"Bye, bye Miette," Serena said, "And next time, it has to be three Kanto Princess Keys." Serena said with a smile, and walked back to the hotel room.