29.) yes

ruby

Zoe is slowly becoming one of the most important people in my life, so when she called me about a week ago, saying that she needed help with something, I volunteered to help her. I did not volunteer to be dragged around to at least four different dress shops. I also did not volunteer to be forced into at least twenty different green dresses.

"Quit moaning, you look amazing." Zoe says, tying the end of the small braid in my hair. I turn around to face her, attempting to keep my balance in the heels.

"Do I actually have to dress this much up?" I complain again, poking an earring into one of the cartilage piercing on my right ear. I move down to the next hole still on my cartilage to place the next earring that Zoe hands me. I haven't worn an earring there since I've been over here. I figured it would've closed up already.

"It's my party, Ruby, and I want you to dress up. Besides if you don't wear a dress like this to where we're going, you'd look really out of place." She explains, pushing me over in front of a mirror. I stare at my reflection for a really long time, not exactly knowing what to say about it. I don't like it, but at the same time, I love it.

The dark green dress flows around my high heeled feet. The v-neck is slightly cut lower that I would like, but it doesn't really show anything. It took about twenty minutes for me to actually get into the dress. The zipper got stuck, and after a few minutes of thinking I could do it myself, I finally called Zoe in to fix it. I haven't worn a dress since I was around five or six. I didn't go to prom and homecomings at my school were not formal. It's strange to be back in one.

"You're going to get all the attention. You look better than me, and that's very annoying." Zoe comments while giggling. I did not look anywhere near as gorgeous as Zoe, though.

She's the only person I know who can pull off a yellow formal dress. The bodice is covered in small pearl-like beads that are a soft yellow. As the dress fans out, there are a few beads trailing down a bit further. The strapless dress hits right below her knees, showing off her tall white stilettos. Her hair has been straightened and left completely down.

"Whatever." I say sarcastically. "Just be glad that I love you and Alfie. There's no way I'd do this for anyone else." She squeezes my hand tightly. I can feel the ring that has been just recently slipped on to her finger. The diamond on the ring isn't too big, but it's also not very small either. Surrounding it are two different colored blue gems - aquamarine and sapphires for Zoe and Alfie's birthstones.

Alfie calls for Zoe down the hallway, and she rushes outside to see what he needs. I click my heels once while still looking into the mirror. The longer I look at my reflection, the more I grow to love it. I haven't felt this pretty in a really long time.

"Damn." I turn towards the door to see Joe leaning against the door frame. He stares at me for what feels like forever, and I can't help but stare at him, too. He's wearing almost a proper suit, except he doesn't have a tie of any kind. His suit jacket is open, revealing a white button-up shirt, but a few on the top aren't buttoned. As he walks closer to me, I notice that he's not actually wearing slacks; they're just black skinny jeans. His hair is still messy, but in a really attractive way.

"You stole my line." I tell him as he grabs my waist to pull me closer to him. He grins slightly, leaning towards me for a kiss. I look up at the ceiling to avoid his lips. "You can't kiss me. You'll smear my lipstick, and Zoe will kill you."

"It's just lipstick, babe." He replies, pulling my chin down so he can look me in the eyes. With my heels on, I'm almost as tall as him. I'm only about an inch off.

"Zoe spent more time on me and my makeup than she did on herself, and it's her engagement party." I protest. He gives me a look of mock annoyance before quickly moving his head to kiss my neck. "I hate you. " I mutter, giggling right next to his ear.