7.) hungover

ruby

"Morning, sunshine." Joe says as I climb up the stairs the next morning at around one o'clock. I hadn't actually realized just how many windows there are in Joe and Caspar's apartment, but there are a lot. And, the sunshine that is coming through them is very bright.

I can only give him a small look as I slump over to the couch, which I fall face first on to. I mutter something that even sounds incoherent to me, but it was intended to be, "I hate you." Joe opens a few cabinets before closing them loudly. I whine and roll over to face him. The brunette stands in the kitchen, opening and closing one cabinet repeatedly.

"You're such an annoying person." I say, holding my head. I know what he is doing because Regina did the same exact thing the first time I came home drunk. It's a punishment for getting drunk. They won't close the blinds, and they always slam doors. Regina even shouted every time I tried to talk to her.

"Last night, you said I was a good person." He remarks, walking toward the couch while holding two mugs. He hands what is usually his to me and continues to hold Caspar's as he stares down at me. "Move your feet." He says, leaning slightly over to move my feet for me. Once he sits down, I place my feet on top of his lap.

"I'm going to be completely honest with you, I don't remember basically anything after I ate half a pizza, except for falling asleep in the front seat of Conor's SUV." I answer. I'm kind of upset that I don't remember anything about hanging out with the guys, but at the same time, I'm sure something came out of my mouth that I'm grateful I don't remember.

Joe turns on the TV as I take a drink of the warm beverage. It's ginger tea, which I find completely disgusting, but it does get rid of hangovers quickly. I shut my eyes and continue to lay there, while Joe turns the volume up on the television. "Can you please stop?" I ask. My voice sounds pathetic and whiny, and I almost physically cringe at myself. He doesn't answer, but the volume grows quieter and quiet until I can barely hear it.

"I got in trouble for taking you out." Joe says. I peek one eye open to look at him. He turns away from the television to look at me.

"Regina?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "Caspar, actually. He saw you on Jack's Snapchat." I take another drink of the tea before sitting up on the couch. I poise my feet on one of Joe's thighs and bend my knees up to my chest.

"I'm on Jack's Snapchat?" I say, holding on to the mug tightly.

"You're just in the background, jumping around." He waves it off. It's not as bad to just be seen in the background than if I was actually in it. There's still a possibility that Regina doesn't see me.

Regina doesn't like it when I get drunk. Honestly, I can't blame her, especially since she was the one who would have to hear me screaming after I went to sleep. I'm sure Joe feels the same way. I had woken up at seven this morning and saw Joe sleeping on Caspar's comforter. I want to ask him how many times I had woken up the night before, But I'm not so sure I want the answer if he just became so defeated that he decided to sleep on Caspar's floor. I had to wake up a lot.

"That's kind of funny that Caspar is suddenly caring so much." I say. "Last year, I might've talked to him once."

"Well, I mean, Regina kind of thrust your life into his hands over a week ago, and Caspar's actually kind of scared of Regina, so if something happens to you, Caspar's going to get it." Joe answers. I push around a slice of ginger in my tea before replying.