Chapter 18

Adam's P.O.V

two weeks has gone by and the only thing I found out is that Sharaf (Sharfa's ex husband) was bailed by someone and the police officers refused to let us know his identity.What the hell?That sucker didn't deserve to be out because who knows whose life he's going to destroy now.

I don't understand anything.I get troubled by the behaviour of Sharfa,every night she wakes up and says words like 'he's back.I need to keep you all safe and even screams as if she's hurting'.I just wish that she isn't depressed like 4 years back.I won't be able to see my sister suffering for a moron like his ex-husband.I don't allow Inaayah to look after her when this happen as she gets worried easily and its not good for her and the baby at all.She even fought with me when I was in the backyard with Karim talking about Sharaf and his possible ally.Everything came back to me,that fearful conversation.

Ina: "Adam what the hell is going on in this house?"

Ad: "What do you mean by what is going on?"

Ina: "I mean this (making a hand gesture towards them) ,this conversation and all.Why don't you share it with me for as long as I can remember,you made it clear that we should be sharing everything."

Ad: "Inaayah its just something trivial and I don't want to make you worried.Its not good for the baby."

Ina: "The hell Adam.This secretive talk do me much more harm than knowing the truth.You know how this stupid behaviour of yours makes me feel small,unwanted,tired,angry and negative."

Ad: "Angel I'm sorry but this can't be shared with you because it is none of your business and stay out of it or you can leave."

Ina: "Then I am leaving because I can't take this anymore.When you are ready to share it with me then you may come and get me from dad's house."

Ad: "Angel you are not going anywhere.You heard me?"

Ina: "No Adam I am going early in the morning and if you happen to change your mind then let me know."

Oh my god she wanted to leave and I can't let her.I need her the most right now and make sure that she is safe and right by my side.Insha Allah she changes her mind about going to her mom as we don't know their next move.I want to tell her but the state she is in makes it difficult.I was forced to be harsh with her.Hurting her doesn't overjoy me instead I feel like stepping on pieces of broken glasses.

I succeeded in convincing her to talk to me but I really hope she doesn't stay at her mother's house.I don't have any problem about this but I want it for her safety.Okay I accept that I'll be missing her sweet kisses,the sound of her laughter,her scent and most importantly her support towards me.She has been nothing but a good wife.Insha Allah she stays like this forever and I want to become a better person for her,for our little muchkin and everyone out there.

Inaayah's P.O.V

"Angel,my sweet little chubby angel,wake up.I have a surprise for you."I heard Adam's soft voice but how can I ignore this dream where I can smell freshly brewed coffee and cinnamon rolls.So yeah,I pulled the duvet on my face and continued this sweet dream of mine but then again Mr Adam had to interrupt me with his melodic laughter and later said:"Hey angel you are not dreaming about this,I made all these for you now wake up and come downstairs before Karim eats all of it"

"Wait how did you find out about my dream,"I quickly removed the duvet from me and stared at him like he's such a genius.

"My dear,if you would not say all this aloud then I would have never known about it"he replied while trying to contain his laughter.

"Nothing is funny here,Mr Adam.Is there something on my face?"I said with a huff and a puff.

"No babe but your expression was priceless.The pout together with a frown and your bedhair makes you look like a zombie,"he replied me and tucked his tongue out.Woah I'm so not leaving him.I took a pillow and started hitting him like there is no tomorrow.Not later it turned out into a pillow fight but when we saw Karim's facial expression and what he had in his hand,I looked at him murderously.

"Woah sistA,I know I ruined your fun but this look creeps me out you know"

"Karim you ate all my cinnamon rolls you dummy"I replied him and started crying.Damn these hormones.Normally I don't cry instead I would chase them and have a water fight challenge.

"Whaaat???Is that why you are crying.Chill sistA there is half a tray there and its all for you."On hearing that a grin appeared on my face.I quickly brushed my teeth and went to the kitchen where Sharfa and Ahmad were waiting for us.

She is looking so pale and fragile these days.She's not her cheerful self and is always in her room.She avoids conversation and gets more protective of us but luckily Ahmad is himself,no sulking but only a child having fun.At first he was a bit shaken and we did all to cheer him up.

Oh my god I got to inform Adam about my stay at mom's house.I hurriedly went to the room and saw him wearing his watch.I cleared my throat and he arched an eyebrow looking at me like I've gone crazy.I then told him and he looked pained and guilty.

"Inaayah,are you mad at me?Please I need you and your soothing words.I know I hurt you by not telling you anything but I'm scared that you'll get worried unnecessarily and this can be harmful for your health."He kept blabbering and I couldn't help but laugh and the same time I wanted to tell him its okay.

"hey honeyboo,I know but I really miss my parents.I was angry at you but not anymore.I'll wait till you are ready to tell me.Please let me stay Adam please,please"I literally begged him until he gave in.yuppi im coming mommy.

Before leaving,I saw an old lazy woman talking with Karim and I looked at her quizzically when realisation hit me that she is these guys'grandma.She looked at me long and hard before coming our way and hugged the life out of me.

She started blabbering about how happy she is for us and how she's going to kill the one who did this to Sharfa.Adam called his secretary and told him that he'll be working from home and my plan to go at mom is postponed for tomorrow morning.

Great I should be angry at granny but she is too sweet and makes the most delicious apple pie which by the way I don't really like but for some reason I'm was eating it up like a starving gorilla.I wonder how this day is going to end up.Whatever is coming next,I never expected it.