Chapter 6

Inaayah's P.O.V                   (adam's thaub up there)

Two weeks has passed by in a blur.InshaAllah in 3 hours,my nikkah will take place and i'll become Mrs Inaayah Ahman officially.I feel like crying so hard and spend some more time with my family before the beautician comes and i just hope that i could stay in this house for some more days but one day or the other,i had to leave and today is the day.

On cue,my mother knocked once and came in followed by Ismail and daddy.Mommy and daddy sat beside me while Ismail stood in front of me.They looked at me for sometime until daddy broke the silence.

"Inaayah dear,today you will be leaving this house and i hope that everything we have taught you from your childhood will not be in vain.From now on you are not our responsibility,you will be living on your own and according to your husband's wish.Make sure to obey him and correct his mistakes.Adam will have more rights on you than your mom and I but still we are your parents so we will advise you.I'm proud of the woman you've become and for everything you have accomplished.We were,we are and will always be by your side."

By now I had tears brimming my eyes and i wanted to cry but i hold it in not later mummy cleared her throat to get my attention and said:

"Inaayah,I fully agree with what your dad has said but you know Marriage is not a child's game,I hope you made the right decision.I ask Allah to send his blessings on you and your future family and that you guys have righteous children.You made us so happy the day you were born and the we can't wait for you to experience the same joy we had experienced with both you and Ismail."

This time,I could not help but break down and say:"I love you guys so much.You mean so much to me.You guys were always there for me be it in my difficult moments or happy moments.You have always supported me in everything and corrected all my mistakes.You have taught me many things that will be useful to me in my whole life and ..and..sniff  i really do love you all."

Ismail came forward and gave me a bear hug before saying:"Babysis,you are a really fun,caring and optimistic girl.Don't anyone change this about you,I ask Allah to protect you and your future family.May your husband be your shade from the sun,warm drink on a cool day and a rainbow after every storm."

We had a family hug and for the first time,I saw dad and bigbro cry.Not later the bell rang and it was the beautician.So they all left us alone and went to their respective room to get ready.I told the beautician to apply light make up and an hour or so,I was ready,I wore my hijab beautifully and looked at my reflection on the mirror and mutter a quick mashaAllah before sitting on my bed and look at my bedroom a last time.

Not later my parents followed by bigbro came in and muttered a loud mashaAllah before going to the masjid for the nikkah.After the agreement and a small khutbah,the women came forward and congratulated me and then we all went out.There Adam was waiting for me and when our eyes met,i quickly looked down in shyness and took him in when he was not looking.

Adam approached me in his black bisht and led me in the masjid where he hugged me and kissed me on the cheeks.We prayed 2 rakaat and went to the wedding hall for the reception and walimah.

he looked handsome in this thaub and amama.We went up the stage,sat there for hours just smiling.My cheeks were hurting and no one cared to bring me a glass of water or some food.I looked at Adam's side and i found him looking at me with a broad smile.I quickly looked away and i heard a hearty laugh and wow what a smile he has.I think he upgraded it from the time we talked on the phone,hahaha so funny Inaayah.He took my hand in his and brought it to his lips before slipping the wedding ring in my finger and i did the same to him except the kissing part.

Food was served an hour later and we all ate.Sharfa,Ahmad,Karim and my family we all ate on the same table in the middle of the hall. We talked about a lot of things and it was already time for me to go to my new home,our new home.Instead of crying,i was smiling but as soon as i got in the car,tears brimmed my eyes but Adam cheered me.

I don't know what the future has in store for us but i really hope it's something good.