Surviving Is Different From Being Alive, Which Is Different From Living

"She's... alive?" My eyes start to water as I speak.
"Yes, she is. And we have to go see her. Now."
"Alright let's go."
Mikey's POV
I sat in the room as doctors struggled to try and get Sophie to breathe again. My head is looking at the ground and all I hear are a bunch of hushed voices.
I hear a gasp for air, and I look up to see Sophie gasping for air.
The doctors get her normal breathing and they all leave the room.
She looks at the ceiling. "Holy shit, that was exciting."
"I bet." I say, causing her to jump.
"Mikey? Where's Gerard?"
"FUCK I HAVE TO GO I'LL BE BACK."
I ran out of the room and out of the hospital and to mt car. I hop in and speed to the house. I hear a gunshot and bolt inside the house and into Gerard and Sophie's room.
"GERARD NO!" I shouted. Gerard turned around.
"Gerard," I pant, "She's alive."
----------------------------------------------
Gerard races me to the hospital room. He stops in the doorway and looks at Sophie.
"Sophie..." he says, "You're... alive."
"Yes Gerard and all thanks to a miracle."
I interrupt.
"Listen up little fuckers-"
"We're older, Mikey."
"Shut the fuck up Gerard. I'm talking. Now, you two, no more suicide attempt, no more self harm, or I'll make you pay like all hell."
"Mikey there's nothing-"
"No, don't tell me that there's nothing wrong, and that there's nothing I can do to punish you. Because there is. Gerard, I walked in on you about to shoot yourself. You shot a hole in the fucking wall."
"Gerard, did you really try killing yourself?" Sophie asks, tears welling in her eyes.
"Yes," Gerard ashamedly admits, "to be with you."
"Alright, now that we got that all settled, can you both promise to not harm yourselves and try not to commit suicide?"
I have tears in my eyes now, too. I almost lost Gerard. My only brother. And Sophie has become like my sister, and I almost lost her both. I almost lost the two people I'm closest to. Gerard and Sophie look at each other and nod.
"Yes, we promise," they say in unison.
"Good," I start, "because no isn't a fucking answer."