Chapter 16: The Magic Inside You

Rue's POV

I looked up at the spot where The Royal Watcher was. "If they know, why aren't I caught?" I asked. "I don't know..." Henry mumbled, "But it can't be good." Henry grabbed me by the wrist and dragged me to my bedroom. He closed both blinds and turned off the lights. Since it was dark in the room now, I flipped on my phones flashlight. "Paranoid, are we?" I hissed. I walked over and turned on the lights. "It was probably just my imagination." Henry looked at me. For a while. Until the look became a stare. "I doubt," he whispered. His voice sent shivers down my spine. His words were cold and quiet, and somewhat harsh. Something that freaked you out. "They might be coming after you," he whispered. "Or you!" I yelled. Henry showed me a smile that made me sick. "But I'm here to protect you." I pointed toward the door. "Out." Just as Henry was about to walk out, sparks shot out of my hand. I quickly jerked my hand back. Henry lightly laughed as he left the room. When he left, I walked over to the door and slammed it shut. I flopped down on my bed. Out of all the people in the world, why did this happen to me?

The Royal Watchers POV

I sighed and reversed the flotation spell. That princess must be frustrated. Great! Now it will be more easier to do!! I smirked even though I just watch the most "sad" moment of the day. Henry shouldn't get in my way. He might gladly come to my side! How easy it is to trick these two royals!

Rue's POV

After a few minutes of just laying there on my bed, staring at the ceiling, I looked at my hands. I looked at my finger. I didn't even say a spell. What is going on?! I tried to again, but couldn't. After the second try, I figured I could burn the apartment down, so I stopped. I got up and opened the blinds. I stared out at the city, wondering if I was going insane.