Chapter 5: Welcome To The Friend Group

Rue's POV

I was still shaken at the thought of Henry knowing about me... so I tried to push the thought of him to the back of my mind. Alexis and Zoe showed me where all my classes are in the break between bells, and everything went smoothly. And then lunch came...

At lunch...

I picked up my lunchbox from my locker and then headed to cafeteria. Outside of the cafeteria doors stood Zoe and Alexis. As I caught up with them, we started walking into the huge room. "Where do you guys sit?" I asked. Alexis pointed over to a circle table with six seats with 2 filled. We started over to it. Alexis sat next to a dirty blond haired girl, and Zoe sat next to a brunette. "A. Lee, Rue. Rue, A. Lee," Alexis said waving her hands back and forth. Before Zoe could introduce me to the brunette, I sat down between her and Alexis. "Willow, Rue. Rue, Willow," Alexis said for Zoe. Zoe groaned. "I was going to say that," she mumbled. "Rue?" A. Lee said. "Like, Princess Rueinlynna?" I lightly laughed. "No!" I said. I hope I'm getting better at lying... Willow slightly smiled. "A! You're freaking the girl out!" Willow said, nudging A. Lee with her elbow. "You can just call me Will, and call her A," Willow said. She lightly smiled. I looked around and saw Henry sitting at a seat at the table in front of me and sighed. "Lookin' over there at the prince?" A asked. "You know, I wonder where that princess is. I mean, she could be in this very room!" She really has no idea... "I guess you have a point," Will said. They both don't.

Thank you, God!!!

Just then, another girl sat down. She held a tray and had blond hair with a rainbow streak on the right. I looked around the table and noticed that I just paused attention to the other girls faces. A seemed to have a half nerdy, half preppy,Will has kind of a cool vibe, Zoe has animal prints all over, and Alexis had a colorful thing going on. I looked over to the girl. She had rainbow all over expect for brown boots. She reminded me of Alexis a little... "Hi!" Th girl said. "I'm Kerri! And you are...?" I smiled. "Rue," I replied. I looked around the table. "Is this everyone or...?" I asked. Everyone seemed to laugh under their breath. "This is it," A assured, "Welcome to -what we call- the Friend Group."