Where It Begins

I walk into my room with folded clothes in my hands, leaving them on the bed carefully and laying them out. I rush over to my laptop and click on a playlist and the music starts, one of my favorite songs so I turn up the volume.

I'm Kathryn Anderson. 18. Living in not-too-sunny Los Angeles California with my mom and dad. I'm also currently a senior in high school and have my best friend since kindergarten, Kylie McGinley to keep me company throughout all these years.

I'm a beauty guru on YouTube, thatskathryn, with over 2 million subscribers, I get noticed every now and then. Anywhere. In the store, in the mall, at church..

Like what I said just about anywhere.

I'm currently packing for a meet-up in New York which is pretty exciting especially because it's my 1st time there. I've been there when I was small but I didn't remember much. So I don't really count that as my first time. I have 2 luggage bags which I'm bringing along, which all have separate things in them.

The Maxwell Scott brown leather luggage, which was given from my parents for my two million subscribers gift since they know how much I travel and I know it's real leather from the fact that my parents emphasized to me that it's hard to find something like this these days.

It's in a dark brown color, nearly black in some shades of light.  It has my name, address and phone number in the back with a small-stuffed Stitch keychain hung with one of the zippers which was a 6th birthday present from my grandparents. It means the world to me. Adding onto the items inside the luggage are my clothes, shoes and electronics. While my other black luggage will have my make-up and hair essentials.

Now I'm thinking that I could end up bringing just one luggage. Oh well.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning and going alone wouldn't be such a good idea so I'm going with Kylie who'll be able to film my videos in New York. She is extremely gifted in photography and filming and I always tell her to pursue a job in that but she wants to be in the medical field, aka dentistry.

I look towards my vanity mirror and grab my vlogging camera, raising it to my face and starting my vlog.

"Hey guys. Kathryn here, I finally finished packing for New York! Stay tuned for more of these vlogs, love you guys and see you later." I smile and turn off my camera, adding it into my carry-on.

~

I wake up from that irritating alarm that just went off. I glance to my clock with a deep breath. 3am. I have mixed feelings waking up early but it usually depends on my mood.

I get up from bed and get my outfit ready. After a shower, I dry my hair off with a blowdryer and put on my outfit just simple jeans and a t-shirt with white sneakers. Then curling my hair in very loose curls, so my long-brunette hair won't look too insane.

I contemplate on whether or not to put makeup on but that would just be dumb. I'll end up breaking out by the end of this trip. So I don't.

I call Kylie who just told me that she's here. I turn off the lights in my room, and grab all my things I'll be bringing along and make my way down the stairs. My parents watch in awe as I hug each of them and have a small talk, who are in the living room.

My mom immediately hands me some extra money. "Be responsible, Kathryn. Make sure to take lots of pictures!" "Yes, Kathryn, just make sure you'll have fun there." adds my dad.

I nod and grin, my parents and I taking one last picture before advancing towards Kylie's Range Rover, hearing some new One Direction song, blasting from inside the car. It's actually sad that I know it's them, probably from the same monotone beat in every song.