New York

Harry's POV

I examine Central Park as if I were a tourist.

I'm not, I promise. It's my fourth time here but it's been a while. I'm not disguised well at all either. I don't want to be.

I get a brief message from Claire saying that she'll meet up with me later. I look up from my phone since I hear indistinct muttering around me.

What the hell am I doing here again? I brush my fingers through my hair as the cold breeze starts to hit me. I place my hands in my pockets, giving me a little warmth. But it's better than none.

I'm suddenly stuck in my thoughts until I hear a name I haven't heard of for a while.

Kendall.

I turn around, observing who said her name. I immediately turn back noticing that no one said her name. Or did someone really? Why was I thinking of her? I haven't even talked to Kathryn yet.

Shit.

It suddenly made me realize Happily. The song I never finished. Or thought of finishing. I told Kathryn to write down 'You don't understand' and that was most of it.

I gaze off to the distance thinking of lyrics, finally noticing the paparazzi taking photos. What's there to even see? I've always asked myself that question ever since 2010.

I slide my phone out of my pocket and grip onto it. Not knowing what to do. I suddenly notice the screen light up.

It's a message from Liam talking about the meeting for our next album. We're running a bit late on it because we need a few more songs. All of them have been in the studio for most of the day, except for me.

I've been spending the day to myself thinking of lyrics and inspiration for our next album.

So far I've got none.

Kathryn's POV

"You guys haven't talked in a while.." says Kylie as she glances to her newly manicured nails.

"I know." I mumble in discontent. I'm pretty sure you already know who she's talking about. Yes, Harry. Who else? I've been trying to get him off my mind but I can't.

It's been a few days since the VMA's and what I found out about him.

"Are you sure that was Harry in the voicemail?"

"Yes. I am sure, Ky." nodding as I said so. Same exact voice. Do you know how in calls, people sound different? Trust me, he's not one of those people.

"But, it could be anybody.. And if it were him, why was he with Claire?" "That's what I want to know before I leave for New York."

"That'll be hard, considering that you leave in 2 days." She says, glancing to her phone. "Whatever." I sigh, picking up my laptop and placing it on my desk.

"Hmm.. Well I don't think it's him." she says, her eyes now off the screen of her phone and now scanning my room for her Givenchy bag.

She walks over and picks it up, making her way to my door. "I have to go. My boyfriend called. I'll see you--maybe at the airport. Bye Kat!" She says, giving me an apathetic wave before finally leaving.

I suddenly get a notification for a new e-mail from my laptop. My eyes widen in excitement and I briskly sit down and check for it.

For the past few weeks since I thought I saw my brother at the airport, I've been investigating about what happened to him. I never got the clear story of it since he was in the other side of the world.