No More Running

Joey's pov

I don't know how long I stood watching them, watching him walk away before the anger hit me. He marked me. He marked me! Who did he think he was, even if I was dying, he had no right to mark me without my permission; especially if he was going to walk away! Forget this, I need to find my mother and force her to tell me where my pup is, but how can I do that when my thoughts kept going back to him? My body and mind were  tempted to find one of my old partners and rut with them just to prove to myself that I was still in control, while my heart was begging me to track him down and complete the mating by  placing my mark on him. No! I will never let another man rule over me like Kyle had. I will never . . .  a smirk lifted my lips when it suddenly hit me. There's a werewolf club on the border of the packlands where several of my former partners liked to hang out . . . if I go there I just know that I'll be able to get him out of my system and then I can move on . Breaking into a run, I made my way through the woods and  in a matter of minutes I was  standing outside of an expensive yet foreboding looking building, where two huge muscular  wolves in black muscle shirts, black jeans, leather jackets and shades quickly blocked my path to prevent me from going inside.

"No humans allowed."

"I'm not a human."

Smirking, one of them grabbed my arm and started to drag me away and I immediately reached into my pocket for one of my knives, stabbing him in the hand. He quickly released his hold on me,  jerking the knife free and tossing it in the direction of them trees before turning to me and letting out a growl. I glared back, hoping he would threaten me and give me a reason to kill him.

Don't ever put your filthy hands on me again."

"I'm going to destroy you."

He rushed towards me, ready to rip my head off, when a darkly commanding, yet seductive voice spoke up, freezing him in his tracks.

"Leave him alone."

Feeling the stranger's gaze on me, I turned around to see a man who I figured was the owner of the club standing directly  behind us, his predatory gaze focused on me.

"Uh, are you sure boss, he's a__________."

I don't know which one of them spoke, but the owner kept his gaze on me as he responded coldly and I shivered slightly at the darkness in his tone.

"Are you questioning me?"

"O-Of course not sir."

"Get back to your posts, we'll be having a talk later."

Without waiting for a response, he grabbed my arm, pulling me inside. Before I could figure out what was happening,  he had me pinned against the wall, with his tongue exploring every inch of my mouth. When we broke apart for air, I fell against him, my knees too weak to hold me up and he wrapped an arm around my waist; using his free hand to lift my chin until I was looking in his eyes.

"My son told me about you. I've always wanted you Joey."

"I . . . I don't_______."

"Just relax. I won't push you or do anything that you don't want. You can just let go of and forget  everything, that's what you want, isn't it?"

What do I want? I had been so sure when I came here, but now . . . now I can't shake how wrong this felt. If I do this, I'll be betraying my mate. I opened my mouth, but before a single word could escape an angry, possessive roar came from somewhere behind us. A roar I instantly recognized and responded to, whimpering as my mate came up to us. The owner backed away from us, his eyes filled with a mixture of regret, jealousy and understanding, but he was quickly ignored.