14

As soon as Amelia felt the trucks begin to slow, the adrenaline began to rise in her chest

As soon as Amelia felt the trucks begin to slow, the adrenaline began to rise in her chest. the sun was high in the sky, and the warmth seemed to ignore the cold of the metal truck enclosing several boxes and the girl herself. Amelia began  to get ready as she loaded her gun and crept towards the back of the trailer near the door.

Before the truck could come to a complete stop, she had slipped out and crouched on the dirt road, eyes glued to the vehicle. When it stopped, however, Amelia knew she had to move.

She scurried as quick as her feet's would allow to the edge of the trees and crouched behind a bush. The girl watched as the driver got out and began looking under the truck.

"What the hell are you doing?"  One of the other men asked. The driver grunted, placing his hands in his hips.

"We hit a bump. I thought I heard one of the pipes draggin'... I guess not."

"Well hurry up and get in. We gotta go fast if we're gonna make it to Richmond in time."

Amelia furrowed her eyebrows. Alexandria wasn't too far from Richmond. She looked around for a sign of location before glancing up at the sun. It was early noon, the sun just now beginning to warm the ground. She knew the walk would be at least a day long.

Watching as the driver got back into the truck to drive away, Amelia slowly stood up and walked back to the road. She needed to head east.

--

Back at Alexandria, a panic had settled in. Amelia had been gone for going on four days, and no one had a clue as to where she was other than Enid. Maggie had been in a constant state of stress, hiding away in her room with the occasional visit of Sasha. It seemed that the only other Green had disappeared.

"What are we supposed to think? She could be dead for all we know." Michonne sighed, resting her hands on her hips. A group of people had gathered in the church, attempting to form a plan about what to do about Amelia going missing.

"We can't assume that. Amelia could still be out there." Aaron stated. He hasn't been extremely close with the girl, but he did know she was a fighter, and most definitely stronger than the others seemed to think.

"She said she was going back to clear her head. But she just...disappeared. I don't know where she could have gone off to." Enid sat in a pew, eyes focused on her lap. She felt slightly responsible for letting Amelia go off alone like that. And now she was gone. "This was all my fault, I should have just gone off with her." Enid sighed, shaking her head.