~8: Hopeless~

~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~

"Please let go of me." Lyra wriggled for freedom.

The keln the word made her shiver. She was thrown in to a white windowless room behind two big steel doors. Ignacios' Beta attached a silver collar around her neck. She hissed at the burning pain.

"P-please d-don't do this." She pleaded. Ignacios' Beta only snorted and.

"This is what we do to she whores." He leaned down and injected something on her neck. Her breathing became erratic, her eyesight blurred, and her skin heated up. Beads of sweat appeared on her forehead. She slumped to the cold concrete floor. "Hurts like a bitch doesn't it?" He smirked and turned to his heels, closing the two massive doors behind him.

Lyra crawled to the doors, tears pouring down her eyes. Her wolf was still weak, she could barely feel her.

"Please! let me out!" She banged on the door but there was no response.

Lyra never thought she would feel this pain again. The pain of simply being her. She blamed herself for her parents killing the Luna. They must've predicted her future and literally drove themselves crazy. And her mate, maybe she wasn't enough, or maybe that it was the fact that he really is in love with Lois.

Lyra Hugged her naked body, sobbing herself to sleep.

~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~

The sound of of the door slamming open awoke Lyra. She groaned and opened her eyes. Grey cold eyes, tainted with disgust and disappointment greeted her.

"Stand up." He bellowed. "Today she whore."

Lyra shut her eyes, as Ignacios' hand landed on her cheek.

"Do you know how pathetic and completely revolting you look like now? I cant believe you did that! You could've harmed my pup! The heir to my title!"

Anger prickled on her skin. She looked up and faced Ignacios.

"Oh wake up already you prick!" She shouted. "You know that kid's not yours!"

A glimmer of pain flashed through Ignacios. All he could do was blindly hope that it was his.

Lyra stood up, her legs shaking, her heart beating fast. She swallowed a lump in her throat and spoke. "I have had enough of your bullshit, you are nothing buit a cold heartless piece of shit!" She hissed.

Ignacios was a silent storm of fury, but Lyra stood her ground. This new found courage made her feel high.

"As further punishment, you are to watch tomorrow as I take Lois in front of the whole pack. And if you don't, consider Ned as my next victim." His voice ominous.

"You are a monster." She cried.

A pained expression was suddenly plastered across his face. She felt the sorrow he had within him. He moved closer to her, cupping the sides of her pale white face. His warm calloused hands felt divine as it spread heat across her cheeks.

"I'm sorry Lyra for hurting you like this, but doing that was too far, don't you think so?" The sudden softness to his voice was a surprise she didn't want to discover. The sadness in his stormy grey eyes was too much to bare as she looked away and shut up. "I never wanted this Lyra. You can beat me up, curse me or even murder inside of your mind. But Lyra, Lois has my child, I have to do this."

"Six more hours." he whispers, standing up and leaving her to wallow in pain.

~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~

Lyra sat on her bed, holding up a hand mirror. Her eyes stared at the neck, the silver chains had left its mark. The bruises hurt every time she moved. All she could think of of was the Mating Ritual. She thought of how'll she'll feel, how it'll open her eyes that she had to accept that this was her life, and there was nothing for her.

She stood from her bed, just standing, and not doing anything. A few minutes passed and her door opened. Ned entered with with a black eyes, bruised cheek and a cast on his left left arm. He gave her a sly smile and neared her.

"I'm sorry Lyra, I really tried, I. . really did. B-but he's just to stubborn to see it." He started and touched her cheek. "I'm sorry you have to go through this." Her fathers eyes was filled with sadness. It broke her even more to know that someone was suffering because of her. " Whatever you do Lyra, don't give up I'm here." He hugged her tightly.

The warmth from her father loving embrace made her weep. She longed for a proof that someone loved her and this was enough for now.

"Let us make haste and get this over with." He said with an encouraging smile plastered on his lips. She nodded and held onto his hands and they walk away from her room.

Lyra and Ned headed to the back of the pack house. The backyard was connected to the woods, she remembered so, it was where she spend her childhood with the Santilliano brothers. A makeshift stage stood eight feet away from the ground. A large mass of werewolves gathered around the stage awaiting there soon to be Luna. As soon as Lyra and Ned's presence was noticed, wolves shot them with taunting disgusted gazes, making Lyra look down her feet and squeezed Ned's hand.

"Hey I'm here, no need to fret." She looked up and gave Ned a smile.

The crowd went silent almost deafening. Her eyes slowly rose to the stage and saw Ignacios beside Lois, the both of them wearing long silk robes. It hurt her to see what was going on her. Ignacios slid off his robe down his body exposing his masculinity. Her eyes grazed his naked body for the fist time. It felt wrong but also good at the time. Forbidden but divine.

Ignacios' eyes found hers and stayed. He stared at her, while he undoes Lois' robe. He was punishing her, teaching her not to play with an Alpha. As soon Lois took off her robe, Ignacios leaned down and engaged into a unpassionate lip locking with Lois. His lips traveled down her neck, his canines came out and harshly bit Lois, marking her as his new Luna. Lois hissed and smiled. Ignacios let go, he wanted Lois to mark her as fast as possible. He wanted to get it over with.

Before Lois could move, Lyra turned to her heels muttering an excuse to Ned. She run straight for the woods following a familiar path that led to the lake where she had spent most of her childhood. She continued walking until her feet started to sore.

The lake came in to view, she neared the shore and stared in awe. The clear water was without any ripples, steam rose to up from the water joining the air.

'This is the end.' She said to herself, her wolf didn't respond. 'She finally gave up.' She thought and dove into the water.

Big bubbles of air left her as she dove down deeper, her lungs became heavy, her limbs became numb, and her eyes started to black out. Suddenly, a blurred figure swam towards her and pulled her out of the water. She gasped for air as they surfaced and coughed uncontrollably. The person pulled her out from the lake and sat on the shore, he laid her down his lap cradling her body. A hand cupped her left cheek and soft lips handed on her forehead, hot breath fanned her face as droplets of water fell on her face.

She opened her eyes and was greeted with the color grey. Just like Ignacios'.

"I thought I lost you," The person breathed. "What has he done to you?"

She fluttered her eyes, every blinked her eyesight became clearer. A gasp escaped her lips as she stared into the person's eyes.

"Felix?" She said in disbelief.

~•°•~•°•~•°•~•°•~

(Edited)

~Brad 👊