25//What Just Happened?

Chapter 24

Nate answers his phone and it sounds like he's speaking to a girl, the voice sounds familiar. It's on the tip of my tongue but I just can't remember. He hangs up and grabs my hand then begins walking to down the lobby.

"Where are we going?" I ask as Nate leads us out of the hotel.

"To a Lincoln Hawk concert." He answers as he stops a cab by whistling then he swings open the back door.

"Dan's father's concert? You listen to the Lincoln Hawks?" I question him as we get inside the cab. Nate tells the driver to take us to the train station.

"Well not necessarily.." He began but I intervened.

"Okay because I would've never pictured you as a 1990's alternative rock fan" I interrupted him as I chuckled.

"You know I am just offended by how much you underestimate me." Nate says and I smile.

"So you like alternative rock?" I ask as I quirk my eyebrow at him.

"No" He answers then he smiles as I laugh.

Nate and I take a train to Queens. We enter the concert, Blair and the others should be here any minute. Nate and I texted them to meet us here because Georgina is here with Dan. Just then Chuck and Blair are by our sides.

I see Vanessa and she walks over to us. "Hmm. Some date we've got here. You even brought your friends...The ones I can't stand except for Lena." She says. A date?

"Oh. A date. You didn't tell me you had a date."I say as I turn to Nate.

"Where's Georgina?" Blair asks impatiently

"What are you going to do? You heard what Serena said" Nate states

"Yeah, like we care." Chuck remarks.

"Georgina left" Vanessa says

"Left for where?" Blair asks annoyed

"I don't know, she just took off. Only if I could find Dan... he's around here somewhere." Vanessa responds.

"Well let's go look for him." Nate says to Vanessa and begins walking off. "Lou, are you coming?" He asks stopping in his tracks.

"Uh, I'm good. I'll check elsewhere." I answer and walk away to a different direction. I wouldn't want to be a burden to the two, they're date is already ruined.

As I searched the concert for Dan I had no luck. I don't think he's here. I step outside and see Lily. Then Rufus who blocks her from getting into her car. They seem to be in a small argument until they kiss. My eyes widen in surprise.

"Holy..." I began to say but I stopped myself as I was going to be caught. I quickly turned around and ran away. What did I just witness?

I keep running until I collide with someone's chest, that someone being Nate. I fall to the ground on my bottom.

"Lena!" Nate exclaims. He grabs me by my arms and pulls me up.

"What are you? Made out of bricks? You have some serious pecks on ya, my friend" I remark and Nate chuckles as he also slightly blushes.

I smile then look at Vanessa who gives me a narrowed look then looks at Nate.

"Why were you running?" Nate asks

My eyes widen once again as I remember why I was running.

"Um. It was just an adrenaline rush, you know. Looking for Dan got me all worked up, I'm just worried about him." I answer. I can't tell Nate or anyone about what I saw. I don't know what that kind of information will do to a person.