21//Isolation

Chapter 20

"You're sure?" I ask dad from the phone.

"Yes, Lena. Brad told me the file 'accidentally' got lost" Dad answers.

"Okay" I say and sigh in relief.

"Okay. I have to go now, I have a surgery in ten minutes. I'll to you soon" Dad says then ends the call.

I bring the phone down from my ear. After what Chuck said to me I immediately called dad.I had to know my statement and file was permanently gone. Dad's closest friend is the sheriff of San Diego and also Liam's dad. As a favor Liam's dad, Brad, destroyed my file but that was before he found Liam jumped onto the train to hell. The only people who know exactly what happened last night are me and Liam. The only people who know I caused the accident are Brad, Dad, and mom.

I don't know how Chuck knows what I did but as long as he knows he's a threat. Who knows what he'll do with that information, he can ruin my life. Whatever is left of it.

"What happened back there?"

I turn around and see Logan. After a problem resolves, a new one arises.

"I told Nate the truth and Chuck got upset" I answer

"I'm not talking about that" He says and walks over to me, he stops a foot away and looks me in the eyes. "He said something to you that made you upset" He says.

Upset is an understatement. I can't tell Logan the truth, he won't look at me the same. If he knows I know things will change, I'm tired of things changing. "Chuck was just being Chuck and he said something stupid. It was nothing" I explain "I'm sorry I snapped at you. Can we just forget about this?" I ask

"Yeah" He answers. I kiss his cheek and we walk out of school together.

Spring break began the next day, Logan and I spent everyday together during that week. He kept questioning me and referring back to that day a couple of times during that week. I understand he's worried and curious but I kept pushing it off , resulting in us growing apart. The last thing I wanted was occurring. My secret is getting in the way of my relationship.

"What's wrong, Lou?" Nate asks noticing how quiet and desolate I've been lately.

"Logan knows I'm hiding something from him and he won't stop bugging me about it. I absolutely do not want to tell him about San Diego but because I won't tell him we're just drifting away." I explain and sigh in despair.

"Why don't you want to tell him?" He asks

"I don't want him to know what I did and what my actions caused. I don't want him to look at me differently and see me the same way because of it." I tell him.

"You told me and I still see you as the same perfect Lena. I think not telling him will just make things worst, secrets destroy relationships. Take it from a guy who knows" Nate says to me and places his arm around me for comfort.

"I can't, Nate. I just can't" I say

"I can't tell you what to do but I'm going to. I hate to see you like this and I know once you tell him you'll feel a lot better." Nate tells me.

Nate has a point. I won't know how Logan reacts until I tell him, I need to be honest with him. He's been putting so much effort into our relationship to make it work while I've been nothing but secretive. Honesty goes both ways in a relationship and I need to my part as he's been doing his.

"I think you're right." I say

"Think? I am." Nate states with a chuckle and I glare at him.

"Okay. I'll tell him, tonight" I say