7//Mood Swings

Chapter 7

"You know I just moved here so I'm still not sure how I got on the list to consider the ivy league spot" I say while scratching my eyebrow. I look at the woman a little confused.

"Ms.Collier, you understand that this is like an interview and you're supposed to explain to me why you should attend Columbia. The lady with glasses says, she's the Columbia's representative.

I can't stop staring at that big mole she has just above her lip, I think it has a hair. She's also very very pale and her hair is super red like ketchup, I hate ketchup. I think this an interview with the vampire except there's no good looking long haired Brad Pitt nearby.

"Ms.Collier" The woman says.

"Yes?" I ask snapping out of my thoughts "Oh right!"

"Ms.Collier we don't have all day" She says. She tries to hide her how impatient she is but fails.

"Okay, I apologize. I believe that I deserve the spot to attend Columbia because I think it's better than NYU and I heard it has the best coffee cart" I explain with a smile on my face.

She just stares at me with no expression what so ever, I don't think she has emotions. She's been so plain since I got in here.

Okay, no more jokes but the coffee cart at Columbia is true. I need to step up my game and amuse her with my wit. I'm also nervous and going to need wash the sweat off my hands after this.

"Columbia is a great school and I believe that if I were chosen that it would be the best experience in my life. Its a huge opportunity for me, I'll be able to study the great literature program. Going to Columbia would fulfill my dreams in doing what I do best, writing." I say but this time I'm serious and that's how I started the great conversation.

"Ms.Collier this was a delightful discussion, thank you for talking with me" She says once we have finished speaking to each other.

"No, thank you for interviewing me" I say and hold out my hand for her to shake with a smile on my face.

She doesn't shake my hand and I awkwardly move it away. Rude much.

I walk away and go to the refreshments table. That was worst interview of my life.

"Lena. How did the talking go?"

I look up and see an angel. "Dan, thank God you're here" I sigh and take the drink he hands to me.

I also see Nate, just beside me. He has the same expression I do. The look of weariness and disappointment.

"It didn't go well?" He asks and I shake my head.

"It was horrible" I sigh.

"Mine isn't going well either" Nate sighs "I guess I could tell him I'm an Archibald" He adds.

"You should mention Dr. Seuss. Theo Giselle was his real name, he went to Dartmouth. Hall says he got the idea for "The Petting Zoo" from the Lorax." Dan says to Nate.

"The what?" Nate asks in confusion and I chuckle.

"Umm... you know what never mind. Just mention how his pro style is influenced by early Faulkner and you'll be alright. Ah, or not." Dan says while Nate stares at him, he's a bit puzzled in this.

"I was actually going to get some fresh air, how about you take these over to him?" Nate says and passes the drinks in his hands to Dan.

Dan looks a little shocked but he takes the glasses.

"Alright, yeah I guess he can read my post essay for "Petting Zoo" Dan says and walks away with a small smirk on his face.

He nods to Nate thanking him for his gesture then approaches J.L Hall's table.