4//Kiss on the lips

Chapter 4

Yesterday after returning to the suit from the school where mom waited for me wasn't the highlight of my day. We talked for an hour before she got called to an emergency meeting, I knew it was real because you can't fake veins popping out of your forehead. We left on good terms, we promised no secrets and lies.

After she left I had a nice chat with dad over the phone. He called to check up before he went into a surgery. Then I worked on homework and Serena came by, we went to grab macaroons then we hung out at the suit.

Now I stand in front of the Palace Hotel, in the cold night waiting for Jace to arrive. He's ten minutes late. My bare legs will soon fall off if I don't get inside. My own date to the party is late, he may not even show at all.

I wait five more minutes but he doesn't arrive. A wave of disappointment hits me, I thought he was a fine guy but when am I ever right? I feel like a fool just standing here when my date isn't going to show up.

I walk to a cab as the former client pays the driver. He leaves and I enter the cab. I tell the driver the address and he takes me to my destination.

I pay the driver and exit the cab. I enter the lit up building, I could hear the music before I exited the cab. I take off my coat and hand it to the courteous employee who offered to help, he marked my coat and hung it with the others.

I walk into the party although I'm not in a partying mood anymore I still came. Mom even helped me pick out a dress even though it's just a classic black dress and pinkish nude heels, I still put effort into the outfit. My natural waves are loose and styled in soft curls.

 My natural waves are loose and styled in soft curls

"Lola" Blair huffs as she steps into my path.

"Lena" I correct.

"Same difference." She says and brushes it off. I slightly roll my eyes.

"Well. Thanks for inviting me" I say showing her my gratitude.

"Of course. Where's your date?" She asks inquisitively

"I don't have one" I answer and she raises her eyebrows.

"Everyone has a date" She says

"I don't remember the invitation stating a date is required" I remark. She furrows her eyebrows and gives me a hard look.

"That's because it didn't" She bluntly says. She bats her eyelashes and crosses her arms in front of her chest.

" Well then" I say and walk away. I'm not in the mood for this queen bee.

I stop by the refreshments table and grab a cup of lemonade. The first taste made my face scrunch up in disgust, it's sour as hell. I can't taste the sugar. It tastes like plain lemon, someone forgot to add the -ade. I toss the cup into the trash bin and continue walking. That wasn't refreshing at all.