24//Woman on the Verge

Chapter 23

Liam had left for his flight early this morning, he suggested he stayed for my sake but I convinced to go home. He needs to finish this school year as do I. He's just worried I won't be okay without him being here to lift me up but after countless conversations with him boosting my spirits, I've learned that I will be okay. I just need time to fix everything.

As I was eating captain crunch for breakfast I received a message from Blair which was completely odd. I'm still trying to figure out how she obtained my phone number but that doesn't matter. She texted me saying she needed my help involving Serena and asked me to meet her at the penthouse. As concerned as I was I left without getting ready. All I had on was mascara with my hair tied in a messy bun as I'm wearing an oversized gray shirt, leggings and a pair of boots. All I did was take a cab with Liam and dad to the airport.

"Hey mom, I'm going to Blair's" I shout from the kitchen

"I thought you said you two weren't close" Mom says as she walks in.

"Um, we aren't but we're mutual friends" I say.

"Okay. Be careful." She says and I nod in response.

I left the Palace and caught a cab to the Waldorf Penthouse. I went up the elevator, as the doors opened I walked out. "Blair" I called out as I began walking to the stairs.

"She's not here yet"

I turn around and find Chuck sitting in the living room with Nate far from him. Nate and I make eye contact, I look away. I'm still upset with him even if he gives me those blue puppy eyes to show how sorry he is.

"What are you guys doing here?" I question the two. I do not want to be near either of them, Chuck is a threat who can expose me and Nate is a traitor.

"Same as you, I presume. Blair texted you saying she needed your help?" Chuck responds

"Yes" I answer

"We were summoned as well," Chuck says. I wonder why Blair would ask the three of us for help.

"Do you know what' going on?" I ask

"We're as just uninformed as you are" Nate answers this time, I meet his eyes for a moment before looking away.

"We'll if Blair isn't here, I'm going" I say and begin to turn around but I don't move when I see Logan exit the elevator and begin walking my way. He hasn't seen me yet as his eyes are glued to his phone.

Logan puts his phone away and finally looks up, his eyes meet mine. He stops in his tracks as he looks at me, butterflies begin to form in my stomach.

"The more the merrier, I presume" Chuck says breaking the silence in the room.  Logan breaks the eye contact and walks into the living room leaving me disappointed. It saddens me that he won't even talk to me.

"I didn't know Blair called for so many reinforcements." Logan says as he takes a seat beside Chuck on the lounge couch.

"Neither did." Chuck says.

"Something horrible must have happened to Serena" I state and sit down in an armchair between the two sofas I refuse to sit beside Nate.

"She has been receiving packages from an old friend." Chuck says.

"Who?" Nate and I ask in unison.

"Georgina" Chuck answers. Nate and Logan look shocked.

"Who's Georgina?" I ask.

"The devil in human form" Chuck answers with a smirk.

"She's bad news. She turned Serena into a party girl, involved her in drinking, and drugs." Nate explains to me.