Chapter 35

Constantin bent over a large map, his Beta and new Gamma at his side. His Delta would be joining them after he returned with the scouts. There had been a change of plan. He would go straight to the neutral and untouchable pack. A pack that lived within a round wall that enclosed them in each side. The pack hadn't spoken to other packs in years, and no one dare touch that pack. It was suicide. The moment you breached its walls you would be at their mercy.
He would first prove his power and strength by destroying the safest of the safe.
He was also saving a special time and place for his treacherous​ mate's pack and family.
A numb feeling sat at his finger tips ever since he felt the years old bond between him and his mate become ripped in half. He was cold, constantly. As if his very heart warmed the room instead of a warm fire in the back corner.
"Okay, so there are several weak points in the famous wall."
Here, a river runs very low and there is a small grill that if opened could squeeze out a wolf. On the west side the wall is considerably shorter and ladders could prove successful there."
"Sir, I don't follow..."
"Let me finish." He spoke coldly, and patiently. He had been that same cruel demeanor ever since his wife had gone missing. He cruelly lashed out at random intervals. " he last spot is the bridge gate, it is single file and goes over the river that curves around the whole pack. They have livestock and crops outside the city and bring in food daily. There are two guards on guard on two small towers on either side of that bridge."
"Alpha, many have tried through the same ways and none have succeeded thus far. Those are not good entry points." His Beta Andrew spoke up in a detesting tone.
"I know, they're not good exit points either."
Evil glittered in both of the men's eyes as they found the largest weakness to safest pack. The Gamma spoke up at last in quiet revelation.
"The Safe Moon Pack won't even have a chance."
They studied the map in haste. If they isolated the pack from it's outside resources. Then the Safe moon Pack would weaken and dwindle. Wolf's bane in the river would destroy their soul will to live.
A dark feeling fell with the darkness of night. Evil ebony surrounding a crying moon.

Aiyana knelt down at the foot of her bed and thoroughly thought through what to say.
"Goddess of the moon, shine on the hour
Of the trial I face that seems to great
Flood my weakness with the moon's power
That I may receive strength from the gate.
Please, let me sleep in peace. Guide me to the answers of my struggles. I'm so very lost here. Help me find Vitally, my ordained love. And help me love him and push my own anger to the side. Help me forgive myself for the animosity I have for my other half. Mother please help me resist the temptations of the Alpha's around me."
Ai stood and laid her weak body on the bed. She could see herself falling in love. That's what scared her. She would eventually be weak enough to fall into the arms of someone besides her mate. Then she would be an adulteress. She frowned and pulled the covers up to her chin. She didn't have to be mean, just more distant than she was used to. Her eyes fell closed with bliss, knowing the moon goddess was there for her.

A strong, handsome hand ran up and down her leg softly. Morning sun filtered in the air. She was cold on the tip of her nose, but could feel the warm light play in shadowed patterns over her cheeks. She let out a small laugh from under her breath and muttered.
"Vitally, you tease." She was still half asleep. The hand slowly moved from mid calf to her ankle. She was roughly pulled by her foot to corner of the bed. Her mate's taught body pinned her to the sheets. She couldn't turn to look in his eyes.
"Wake up, Ai." He murmured and placed small peppered kisses across her bare shoulders to her neck. His muscles bunched against her as he became preoccupied with his new task.
He stood suddenly and playfully tapped her butt.
"Get dressed." Vitally's smile clear in his voice. Ai sat up and looked toward him but he was already out the bedroom door. A scent lifted to her nose and she deeply inhaled. It was so much like Vitally's. Some thing, however, was oddly off. Her dream state body got up and walked toward the closet. She pulled on a cheeky pair of lingerie. Black with a tiny hot pink bows on the sides of her hips and between her breasts. She waltzed into the bathroom and started to brush her teeth. She hummed softly.
A tall presence wrapped their arms around her waist and fiddled with the bow on her chest.
"Vitally," she hummed in bliss.
"I said get dressed...you're taunting me."
He slipped the tips of his fingers under the waistband of the lingerie. Instead of letting Vitally play out his fantasy she turned around in his arms.
She widened her eyes as she realized who was in front of her. Alpha Mikhail stood tall and proud smirking down at her.
Her body melted into his.
"Mikhail...leave" she whispered as he ran his hot hands down her back like fire licking downward. She rested submissive against him, as dough in his capable hands.
"I should leave... make me leave."
He kissed down her jaw and to her neck. She couldn't do it. She didn't have the balls.
"Never."
He flashed a wicked grin against her flesh and lifted her.
He made her toes curl. She moaned both his name and Vitally's. Mikhail didn't seem to mind. Either way he became more passionate...

She sat up straight. No one was there. No one was kissing her. The moon was almost behind the horizon. It was a dream. She had given her soul to her mate and her body to Mikhail. Deep worry etched in her heart. It was an incurable and insatiable pain that gripped her. She cheated on her mate in her dream. She looked toward the disappearing moon in unbearable horror. Was this what she would become? A whore? She would break her bond. She would ruin her promise to the moon and disobediently sleep with a man who was not her mate. Why had she so easily gone with Mikhail in her dream?
Guilt followed her like a dark cloud as she readied herself for the day.