Letter Eight

Dear Towanda

I've made the mistake of writing you three times. Each time I struggle what on what to say. It seems that I have a lot of things to tell you and ask you about, but I won't; instead, I'll just try to get to the most important. I wanna ask about the choices you're going to have to make soon.

College.
The baby.
Leaving home.
Jordan.

These are big choices, some bigger than others. I wish I was there in person so we could figure them out together. I'm not there so, this is the best I've got. These are your choices. You're a big girl now and no one can tell you what to do. I'm sure you'll be an incredible mother who'll graduate Norte Dame and live a successful life as an attorney. I can happen, or not. Perhaps, you can have all of that without the baby. You can be the "birth mom" if you're not ready. They have these options, Towanda, I read about them for you. They have adoptive parents who are willing to keep in contact with the birth parents - they'll send invites to parties and pictures. Whatever they want. But, Towanda, that baby will no longer be yours. That child will be there's, no take-backs. Think long and hard about this decision because the law comes with dotted lines and once they're signed it's damn near impossible to erase it.

I wish I was there to give you a hug. You will be alright though, that's all I can offer you right now. If Jesus gave me the answers I'd scribble them down in a second and send them raining down for everybody, unfortunately it doesn't work like that. I'll be missing you, hun.

I hope you're well,
Clementine