Letter Three

Dear Bridgette,

The day I met you was the day I met Dakota, little did I know you guys didn't enjoy my company. That you were secretly plotting to destroy a relationship I'd spent three years co-building. I mean that's okay now we're friends, but back then Annette and I weren't happy (neither was my mom). Kudos, to you for being the brains and pulling that off, by doing absolutely nothing and making me unconsciously destroy everything from the inside out. And for getting us three into that college party, and for switching seats with me that one day in Psych when the new kid wouldn't stop hitting on me. Thank you, for all the experiences that made a public institution - school- somewhat bearable.As I recall you were apart of some of the most highlighted moments of my high school career, including the time you found it empowering to tell the entire sophomore class that I was trying to be the teachers pet. At that point I was convinced you were trying to make my grade suffer in Science which you very well knew was my weakest subject. Then I'd realized, maybe you weren't. You were just trying to be my friend. And I appreciated that. It's rare that I'd be comfortable enough around you to invite you to the nail salon with me, especially when I'm driving and Taylor was riding shot gun, so their was nobody to watch you. I could see us being friends.
  Since then, you'd quickly become one of my good friends, with that being said I can't end this letter without mentioning Harbor Yard - 03/18 when we officially met Lucas, the stereotypical soccer cutie. With the long locks. Are you guys still together? Is he still being the asshole he always was when we met him? I feel like these are valid questions, while you're reading this I'm hoping you're asking yourself the same ones. Is he still super shady being the college boy he is now?

  I want you to be happy Bridgette. There's nothing wrong with being happy without that assface of a guy. Even though he's super cute and lots of females want to be with him anyway they can (open to interpretation), if you need to hear from somebody that it's okay to let him go. It's okay to let him go. You'll find love. So, do a little soul-searching for you and figure out if the relationship is sincere. That if there was ever a choice, it wouldn't be a choice, for either of you.

See you down the road, your friend, Clementine