Letter One

Dear Taylor,

I brushed against the roses in the front lawn, the ones that use to have thorns but now they're soft. They felt different and not because I didn't feel the prickly kisses they gave me that left me red. Mama walked by, when the light her, she moved in slow motion maybe because I wanted so bad for it to last.  I watched her get into the car, I know you know we still have the Volkswagen Beetle Bug. Mama is pushing 50 and she's still driving a Bug, oh, the laughs we'd have about that, Taylor - I miss them. I miss you. Anyway, I hope you're well. I'm finger-crossing-sitting-on-my-right-leg praying you're still smiling because that smile is so honest and everyone down there needs that right now, I'm smiling down on you, friend and I'm okay. So, don't ask yourself if I'm okay because this light is great, warming my skin - honestly, it's great. I'm up here in the sky, they are treating me good. There was an overwhelming a sense of calmness that eased the worries when I arrived, and at first that scared me because it's something I've never fully acknowledged. Taylor, I hope you're living - not binge watching Netflix so you can join in on those random conversations people have about TV, living, but getting out of the house - living. You are fighting the good fight, so stand firm in your beliefs that there is an ocean at the end of the lane and it's admiring. Understand that the walls you've built are cemented and constructed to embody such unwavering strength, persistent with firmness for those unexpected heavy storms - appreciate your fight.  Remember that there are no promises at the end of books sometimes stories end badly and that's sad, appreciate that lesson.

See you down the road, your friend, Clementine, the one in Heaven