Chapter 20

They lay on the sofa her head on his bare chest she could hear the steady beat of his heart.

 “Tell me about Linwe.”

 “You mean you,” a smile in his voice.

 “To see Linwe is to love her.  Taught by her father she has a keen mind that can foresee an opponent’s decisions before they are even made.  She was invaluable to her father in battle and many times war was averted by her swift thinking.

 “If it did come to a battle her accuracy with a bow was truly lethal from huge distances she could take out a single opponent in the heart of a battle even at full flight on Turaanar.  Turaanar is completely loyal to Linwe.  No other rider can ride her, that is even if they get past the teeth and feet to try.”  By his tone she knew he had tried and failed at some point, smiling to herself this was the Misty she recognised.

 “Her beauty is unrivalled across Arantor, many suitors came and were turned away broken hearted.  Even the ones that had gained her doting father's approval.  Until one day, she rode across a field of battle, tending the wounded.  She came across a young warrior lord who had rashly ridden at full tilt at a goblin pack numbering over one hundred.  He had fought valiantly, and many goblins had fallen beneath his sword but the weight of numbers eventually pulled him from his horse.  They had left him for dead shortly after."

 “Linwe cared for the warrior in En’Quessir and nursed him back health by her own hands.  As his strength returned a true love blossomed between them.  By the time he was fully restored not even the Mighty Ice Giants could have pulled them apart.”  Love bloomed in his eyes as he spoke of her, again the insecurity dug at her.

 “Volantor gave his blessing to the union, but the Vow was agreed  by then and Linwe had convinced her father that she would be the third envoy.  I was completely against it, but her mind was set.  She begged me to wait for her, but I refused and went to Volantor with a proposal to be her protector and guide as the second envoy."

 “Trusting no other with his daughter he agreed and allowed it.  Linwe did not even know I was the second envoy.  She was placed into her sleep before I was and for that reason i am glad you have not fully awoken!”  He grinned suddenly the smile lighting his face.

 "Would she give you hell?"  Sara laughed,

 "More than hell."  he smiled back at her, "You are the same you know."

 "I don't recognise her at all.  Obviously there are my feelings for you, but i think i would have felt that way anyway."  She ran her finger down his cheek to the stubble on his jawline.

 His hand closed on her fingers and she noticed the intricate ring on his finger.  It held an amber coloured stone which caught the light.

 "This is gorgeous."  She looked closer at it.

 "You should think that you had it made for me."  again the doubling in her mind made her head spin.  She strained to remember, but she came up with nothing.  All she could grasp is if she had wanted to give him a gift, the design on this ring was gorgeous, and she would have chosen it.  It was a start at least.

 "You are her in every way.  Tamer maybe, but you are one and the same." her kissed her hair.

 "I'm tamer? you were the one who stopped earlier." She grinned as she challenged him.

 "That is pure Linwe."

 “While you were together before the vow did you...?” shyly her voice trailed off.

 Smiling, he turned her towards him, so she was inches from his face.  “You mean, is that the law I broke spending last night with you?”

 Sara blushed and nodded.