The Arrival

Annabeth and Dean decided to ride on the back of Mrs. O'Leary to Camp Half Blood allowing for Sam to have a car ride alone with Clarisse who had changed his classic rock station was listening to heavy metal on full blast. His teeth grate against against each other as the sounds of electric guitars and screaming fill his ears. Clarisse appeared asleep yet every time he would reach for the dial to change the station, her hand would grab his and she would hold it until she fell back into sleep so he opted to leave it be.

Following the thundering dog that was Mrs. O'Leary was simple enough but the fact that that thing could look like a giant truck or something to humans. This whole Mist ordeal was...well...supernatural. Guess it's no different that his usual life, just a different kind of different. These people were different. And yet Dean seems to like them which left Sam feeling a bit out of the loop.

Before Sam's hand can reach to change the dial on the radio, the others turn down a trail that's off road. He follows, brightening his headlights so that he can see through the density of the trees blocking the moon's light. The sudden, bumpy shift appears to wake Clarisse from her slumber and Sam mentally curses.

"Oh sweet, we're nearly there." She says, her eyes lighting up a bit.

"There wouldn't be any mind readers at this camp...right?" Sam inquires nervously.

She snorts, "Yeah right. Who do you think we are? The closest things to mind readers are those girls in Aphrodite's house that know how to read into anything sexual." Clarisse chuckles again, "But that's irrelevant."

Sam scratches the back of his neck. "Irrelevant." He makes a mental note to stay away from any of those kids when he's around Annabeth, just in case. She should know well enough to do the same.

"Camp Half-Blood is a safe place though. With no recent prophecies, only the occasional monster seems to be the problem. Now is a time of recruitment and growth."

How quaint, though interesting enough. These tales of gods and goddesses seem far-fetched and to have a camp for their demigod children? That's fetched very far.

"Our Roman sister Camp Jupiter is doing fine as well and ties between us are stronger than ever since Gaea tried to kill us all." She continues.

Up ahead Sam sees Annabeth, Dean, and Percy dismount from the giant dog and hang around, presumably waiting on them. He parks a little farther back and gets out of the car, walking towards them with Clarisse. Percy is positively beaming with his lanky arm around Annabeth's shoulders. Even her smile is the easiest he's ever seen on her and a stab of jealous shots through him but he shakes it off. She's happy and it's not his right to be the one who makes her happy.

Dean sighs, stretching and popping his back in the process. "God, what a bumpy ride. Not easy on the goods, I'll tell you."

Sam smiles a little. "Told you should have rode in the car."

"And miss the chance to ride a dog the size of Clifford? Hell no Sammy. You made a mistake."

Percy laughs, using his free hand to push back his windblown hair. "No matter how you got here, we still made it. The camp is right through these trees. Get ready to have your minds blown."

Clarisse rolls her eyes as they beginning to walk. "Really, it's not that impressive."

Annabeth shrugs her shoulders a bit. "I have to agree. Percy, you're always a little too hard on the sale. The camp should speak for itself. The structure and layout work well without threatening to blow out their brains."

"Okay Wise Girl, I'll let you do the talking from now on." Percy looks over his shoulder at Sam and Dean with a grin. "Architects."

Dean smiles and Sam merely nods. Percy however doesn't even notice as they clear the trees and find Camp Half Blood in the clearing.

Sam gapes at the giant camp and its entrance of stone pillars with the name Camp Half-Blood etched into it. Large and small structures dot the clearing and there's a lake in the distance. Off to the side a menacing dragon rests, eyes watching them carefully in the mid-morning sun. Campers mill around training or talking, and a few even take notice and rush towards them in excitement.

The air smells like strawberries and volcanic ash as they get increasingly closer and Sam's head tilts in confusion.

Annabeth stops and turns towards them grinning with fierce pride on her face and easiness in her gait. "Welcome to Camp Half-Blood."