Minotaur

Ten Days Later...

"A minotaur?" Sam asks incredulously as Dean speeds along the Rhode Island highway through the pouring rain.

"Yes, you heard me correctly." Dean grunts. "This is not in my job description."

"And how exactly do we kill a Minotaur? Salt and holy water?"

"Well, we'll figure it out when we get there Sam." Dean grips the steering wheel hard, peering through the rain. "It's supposed to be right around..." He yanks the car to the left to avoid a giant lump in the road, swerving dangerously close to a street lamp and screeches to a stop. "What the hell was that?!"

They jump out of the car and run towards the lump of the Minotaur just as it disappears into nothing, a knife lodged into its neck clatters to ground.

A figure emerges from the shadow of the trees. "We meet again." Annabeth says limping out of the woods, her blonde hair messy and dirty and her eyes dull. "I-" She collapses on the spot with the brothers just staring at her.

"Looks like we have an unconscious female on our hands Sammy." Deans smirks, grabbing her knife. "Well, pick her up and take her to the car."

Sam steps out his stupor and runs over to Annabeth, gently picking her up in his arms, his hands gripping her arms. She seems so delicate when she's sleeping, not quite the focused and determined girl he met at the beach.

Dean opens the car door. "Backseat. If anyone asks, she became too drunk and passed out."

"You don't think she needs to go the hospital?"

"No. I don't think so, we can easily fix her up if need be."

Sam sits her gently in the backseat. "Fine. I guess she solved our Minotaur problem." He closes the door and heads to the passenger door.

"Uh yeah. Hey, so you think that boyfriend she has is out there?" Dean mutters, attempting to crank up the car but realizing they left it started.

"No." Sam says quickly, grabbing his seatbelt. "And even so, we don't have time to wait for him."

Dean shrugs. "Whatever."

The drive to hotel was going along smoothly until an arm shoots from the backseat and wraps itself around Sam's neck tightening forcefully.

"Tell me where I am and where Percy is or so help me-"

"What?" Dean smirks holding up her knife about of her reach. "Choke him to death? I'm sure Sam can handle that."

Annabeth snarls, "Where are we going?"

"To a hotel. We figured that we wouldn't just let you stay on the side of the road after collapsing." Sam answers, leaning away from her interlocking fingers. "I mean if you want to stay with us until morning when we can find your boyfriend-"

"Yes. Stay in a hotel with two men I hardly even met a few days ago." Sam feels her arms stiffen as she peers out of the window and removes her hands from his neck. "Well...maybe just until we find Percy. I knew we shouldn't have split up."

Sam shrugs, "Story of my life." He didn't see what she saw out of the window, but he could tell she didn't like.

"So, what's a beautiful girl like you doing hunting monsters?" Dean asks, glancing at her.

"Give me my knife and I'll tell you." She holds out her hand.

Dean laughs. "Now that's hilarious blonde. Not all that smart is she?"

Annabeth practically seethes and lets out a stream of Greek curses.

Sam and Dean share a glance. "Um, so yeah. Who are you again?"

"Annabeth Chase." She says indignantly.

"Christo." Sam says looking at her.

"What?"

"Not a demon. But she is speaking strange tongues." Sam says, looking at Dean. "Sounds...Greek?"

"Obviously." She says. "Look where is this hotel, because that better be where we're going."

At that time, Dean pulls up to a single story motel on the side of the road. A group of suspicious-looking people were hanging out around the side door.

"Seriously? This is the place?"

"I'm sure there are no bedbugs in this hotel. This is one of the better ones."

"And just wait until you see the interior design," Sam says cheerfully stepping out of the car.

            Annabeth shakily pulls herself out of the car. Her vison tilts violently, and she feels nausea roil deep in her gut. She feels herself listing to the side when something gently grips her shoulders and rights her. The world stops spinning and she finds herself leaning heavily on Sam Winchester. Embarrassed, she quickly pulls away, fidgeting with the hem of her bright orange t-shirt and tucking a few wisps of hair behind her ear.

            Sam shifts awkwardly too, suddenly finding fascination with a loose chunk of asphalt.

            "Um...thanks," Annabeth says blushing.

Sam's resulting smile catches Annabeth off guard, it's bright and genuine and accompanied by deep dimples.

            She finds it incredibly attractive, and begins to wonder what those broad shoulders look like without the hideous plaid shirt.

            Get a grip Annabeth! A voice shrieks in her head, He and his brother practically kidnapped you! And you already have a boyfriend!

            She spins around to face Dean and says sharply, "Let's go boys."

Sam and Dean share a look.

"Okay, Princess, lead the way," Dean smirks.

Annabeth shoots Dean an icy glare, and begins to stride towards the hotel.

Dean lets out a low whistle, "Look at that ass, Sammy."

"Not cool bro," Sam growls, hoping Dean doesn't notice the flush creeping across his cheeks. He shifts uncomfortably as he pulls his duffel over his shoulder, and follows Annabeth into the hotel.