Chapter 35 - "Dance with me."

The sliding glass doors slid open and the warm LA air engulfed Amelia as she stepped out. She donned her sunglasses as she started down the sidewalk, falling into step beside excited tourists. She breathed deeply, feeling the stress of finals and rehearsals from the last two weeks melt into the pavement.

Amelia pulled the heavy glass door open, her ears filling with the light sound of music overlaid by the low tones of conversation.

"Welcome to The Vine, do you have a reservation?" the hostess asked.

"No, someone is expecting me, Sebastian Colfax."   

"If you'll just wait one moment, I'll go check," the hostess said.

A minute later the hostess returned with a smile.

"If you'll just follow me," she said, grabbing a menu.

She led Amelia though the maze of tables to a set of doors that led to a closed off patio, with lattice covered with twisting vines. Sebastian's laugh reached Amelia before he came into view, his table situated in a far corner behind a large fountain. When he saw her, he instantly stood and moved over to her. His skin was a darker shade, making his blue eyes seem more vibrant.

"Aims, hey!"

Amelia fought against a pleased grin as he hugged her. When he pulled away his eyes flitted over her face like her was trying to capture every detail of it. Conversations paused as gazes fell to them.

"Hey," Amelia said.

The hostess shifted and Sebastian glanced at her.

"Thank you," he said, reaching out and taking the menu.

"Hey Aims," Danny said.

He stood and pulled her into a quick hug.   

"How was your flight? How'd your final go?" Sebastian asked, as they settled around the table.

"It was good, long, crowded, and easy."

"Sounds like answer you would give Danny. I blame you for this response. She's been spending way to much time with you," Sebastian said, annoyed, but his eyes laughed.

"It's the best way of answering questions. Besides if you want more details, then ask. This way no one is roped into a large amount of information they find boring," Danny said, wearing a smug expression.

Sebastian laughed.

"You're in a cheery mood, any specific reason as to why?" Amelia asked, finding his smile contagious.   

"I had my last interview this morning and it means I can stop answering the same questions about myself and relax. Until tonight at least and then we have the party."

"He's lying thats not the real reason he's so happy," Danny said, pointedly looking at Sebastian as if nudging him to admit to the accusation. "Go on and show her, you were going to do it sooner or later."

"Fine."

Sebastian pulled something from a wide leather satchel. He quickly thumbed through a magazine until he stopped at a page and handed it to Amelia.  Hesitantly, she took it, her eyes narrowing as she looked from Danny to Sebastian.

"If this is some article about how you're dating a movie star, I'd rather you just tell. I don't really want to read about how adorable you two look together," Amelia said.

"Don't worry, I currently have a thing for cute girl drummers," Sebastian teased.

Amelia's surprise caught in her throat. She found her mouth suddenly dry, searching for sounds that would make something resembling words.