Chapter 1

• Dedicated to My dear Uncle Michael

A/N Pictures of Jake Anderson

"JAKE WAKE UP IT’S YOUR FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL AND IF YOU MAKE ANNABELL LATE IM GOING TO BEAT YOU!!!!!!" Uncle Henry yelled from outside my door. I knew he was serious when he said he would beat me because he usually did. I had gotten used to the belt and shoes and anything else he could find laying around would be used to beat me with. Annabell was his daughter she's 15 and today was her first day as a Sophomore.Im a senior not that I care much for school. I just want to be done with this year so I can leave Uncle Henry's house and never have to come back. I’ve lived with Uncle Henry off and on since I was 7 when my parents died.

****************************************************************************************************************

It’s been 10 years and I still hurt like the first time I found out. I don’t remember much about that night. We were driving to the open house at my school and next thing I knew there was bright lights on the side of the car, I woke up in the hospital and I had no idea what had happened I asked but I was just a kid who was going to tell me anything....Uncle Henry showed up right away and pulled me away saying I was going to live with him for a while. I never liked him so instead I ran away .For months I didn’t see him until a police picked me up ,I was living under the bridge he took me back to Uncle Henry .I have been beaten every day since I ran away multiple times after that each time I would be away longer and longer. When I turned 16 I finally decided to stay with my uncle after all I only had a year before I wouldn’t be returned to him anymore.

*************************************************************************************************************

"JAKE IM GOING TO BUST YOUR DOOR IF YOU DONT GET UP RIGHT NOW....IM TIRED OF THIS CRAP EVERYDAY!!!!!!" Henry screamed once again. "UGH!!! IM GETTING UP OKAY NOW LEAVE ME ALONE AND LECTURE YOUR DAUGHTER OR SOMETHING" I started walking to the bathroom I brushed my teeth and I got dressed for school a black Avenged Sevenfold shirt with black skinny jeans, my batman converse and my Black Veil Brides backpack. I made my bed and opened my windows. I grabbed my keys and walked out my bedroom door. (SMACK) My cheek started to sting I turned just in time to see my uncle putting his fist down "NEXT TIME I TELL YOU TO DO SOMETHING YOU DO IT RIGHT AWAY.....UNDERSTAND OR YOUR GOING TO GET ALOT MORE THEN A PUNCH.!!!!!!!!!" I just sighed then started walking down stairs. Uncle Henry always dropped us off the first day of school but after that we had to find our own way of transportation."Here Jake I’m really sorry he did that to you" I turned to see Annabell putting a bag of frozen peas to my cheek. Annabell was nice I guess she always came to my rescue after her dad decided to do something to me. She really was a good cousin and I know she cared about me she stood up for me whenever she could Uncle Henry would never think of hitting his 'baby girl'.

*********************************************************************************************************

"Thanks" I replied trying to put on a half smile, she helped me up and I grabbed my skate board by the door then I went and sat inside Henry's Black Ford F150 truck. I watched as Annabell gracefully walked down the side walk and got into the passenger seat."Daddy can you drop us off a couple of blocks from the school, I want to get there with my friends" Annabell said with an innocent expression but I knew better she just didn’t want her dad seeing her boyfriend with his hands around her waist."Sure sweetie anything for you" he smiled and I would swear he was a pedophile. I watched as he drove silently until we got to the school or a few blocks away as Annabell had asked." Jake you take good care of my daughter she’s my pride and joy if anything happens to her it will be your ass" Henry said looking into his rear view mirror looking at me with eyes as cold as ice. I knew Henry didn’t like me I really didn’t expect him to anyway. Though I had no problem looking after Annabell since she was always nice to me.

**********************************************************************************************************************

As I got out of the car Annabell turned to wave at Henry and I hear him saying "Honey I won’t be home the next couple of days because I have a business trip so be good and keep Jake out of trouble"..... "Doubt it" I mumbled under my breath. I put my skateboard down and rolled the rest of the way to school while Annabells friends had already caught up to her so did Blane her richie rich boyfriend. I put my earphones on as I got to the front of the school. I already had my schedule and I’ve had the same locker for the past 4 years. I went to it and pulled my books out for the first two classes I didn’t need a book for the third. As I was reaching down to put my books into my backpack a pair of bright pink vans appeared in front of me I looked up to see a girl with sandy brown hair a pink tank top and a mini skirt with blue leggings. Her mouth was moving and I pulled out one of my earphones realizing she was talking. "Huh?" I asked and she repeated what she had just said."I said your Annabel’s cousin right?" "Uhh yeah names Jake....Jake Anderson...” I returned my gaze to my backpack "I know who you are my names Deliliah James ....I’m Annabells best friend" she had hope in her eyes that I would suddenly recognize her though I didn’t. "Ohh I didn’t know you and my cousin were so close" I closed my locker and spun the lock. "Yeah since like the third grade, Annabell said you a senior this year right?" "Yep I’m a senior so this is my last year before freedom" I was about to turn and start walking but I saw all the girls looking at me and I hear my name in between whispers so I decided it was my best interest to talk to Deliliah "Why you don’t like it here or something?" curiosity began growing in her eyes

******************************************************************************************************************

"Actually....No I don’t like it here I know for a fact that Annabell's dad doesn’t like me very much so first chance I get I’m out of here and never coming back"

(RING)

"I'll see you around Deliliah I gotta go" I started walking away and turned back one to see she started waving at me. I waved back and she disappeared behind the hallway "Don't tell me you forgot you best friend Jake.....I’m hurt so very hurt" I knew that voice anywhere I turned around to see Alex my best friend since birth he was holding his hand over his heart with a sad expression on his face.."Whatever you know I could never forget the guy that peed his pants the first day freshmen year that’s not possible" I said holding in a fit of laughter. we did our bromance hug and walked to class we had all the same classes just my luck right......"Dude I saw you talking to Deliliah James, so what does she have the hotts for you too?" I knew he liked her by the tone in his words. "Nah she just knows Annabell that all but man ill put in a good word for you if you want" We walked into calculus class and I already knew the teacher his name was Mr. Benjamin he was pretty laid back one of those go to teachers that you can tell anything to......

Mr. Benjamin: Hello everybody most of you know who I am like I know most of you so who's ready to learn?

Class: Groan

Mr.Benjamin: Come on guys I promise to make this fun you just have to try

Class: Whisper whisper "Okay sure"..........