"A lot of things have changed since the past thirty years." He said, plainly.

"Really? The elves were keeping you then?"

"No. Traffic was." He said, shrugging.

The waitress came and this time she had on a seductive smile. Her lips were glossy and her cheeks were a bit red.

"Can I get you anything, sir?" She asked. Her voice husky. Her eyes suggestive.

Nobody could be safe from an elf's charm.

"Please, get me a double shot espresso." He said, smoothly, smiling politely.

The waitress smiled seductively again and without sparing a glance at Lunia, she walked away. A bounce to her step.

Pft, mortals.

"So. The great Lunia vel Miorisi. I never thought anything escapes from the hands of the Demons. "

Lunia gritted her teeth. Vel Miorisi. The Misfit. The name the elves had given her. She hated it. She hated when anyone called her that. And the demons had carved it into her thigh when they came to know of it.

She met Daramon's blue eyes headon.

"Do not call me that. I am Lunia Grey. You will call me Miss Grey or Mistress Grey or simply awesome, beautiful, lovely Grey." She said and smiled at him, sipping her espresso. 

He grinned. "Okay, awesome, beautiful, lovely Grey. Why have you summoned me here? I have a guess but I'm hoping your here for something else." He said, now becoming serious.

Lunia also put her cold mask on and nodded. "Lord Daramon as you know, I have been at the mercy of the Demons for the past thirty years. Just some months ago I managed to escape from Dinhae and sought protection at my father's castle-"

"Bad decision. That's the first place he would search."

"Please do not interupt me. I have learnt this speech with a lot of hard work." She said, giving him a disapproving glare.

Daramon had the guts to smile at her. "Go ahead."

"King Nikolai Shizkov had almost found me but once again, I escaped, now here I am, asking you for refuge, Lord Daramon, I am part elf and part Vampire. My Vampire kin had rejected me and so I am here to ask you to accept me int-"

"Forget it. I knew that you were going to ask me this." He said, rubbing his face.

And for the first time, the immortal Elf looked tired and weary.

"Miss Grey, I'm sorry. But your presence in our clan would incite a war between the Demons and the Elves." He said, his eyes apologetic.

"Look, Lunia. The Demons are the ones with the most military power. They have modern weapons and warships. We're simple people trying to remain in the old times. We only have swords and bows and arrows. And the elves are a peace loving race. I cannot endanger the hundreds of women ,children and men that live in our clan just to save you. Lunia Vel Miorisi, I cannot accept you."

Anger and fear surged up inside Lunia. Anger at the elf for rejecting her and fear at what to do now. This same anger and fear soon turned into self pity.

She was now rejected by both Vampires and Elves. It was really sad. Tears surged up into her eyes. She closed them and took two deep breaths.

She would not cry.

She will never cry.

She looked at the elf before her who was regarding her with pity.

She didn't want his pity. It stung to see it shine in his  eyes sincerely.

She knew that acceptance was a lost cause. But at least she could try. And Lord Daramon was a handsome man. Unlike the mechanic. At least she would be giving herself to a handsome man.

"Lord Daramon, there are other ways I can change your mind. " she said, making her voice sound breathless. She looked at him seductively. Her leg under the table touched his own booted one. Her hand inched forward to touch his knuckles. 

"Gods! Have some shame women!" He said loudly, pushing her hand away.

Tears threatened to spill. She refused to beg any further. She picked up her bag threw the money for her espresso on the table and ran out of the cafe without a backward glance.

A single tear drop had fallen on the table before she ran.

"Your espresso, sir." The shaky voice of the waitress said. Daramon looked at her. Her eyes showed her fear.

They had all seen it.

They had all seen her embarrassment. He felt bad for Lunia Grey. The elf hated being embarrassed and he couldn't deny that she was part elf. He cursed himself as he nodded at her and she scurried away.

He looked at her side of the table.

He hadn't told her that the elves and the demons had made an alliance after the race wars.

Lord Daramon of the Hawkheart clan dipped a finger into the teardrop on the table. He removed his phone from his pocket and put it to his ear before selecting a number.

He rubbed the tear drop between his fingers as a gruff male voice sounded from the other end.

"Nikolai Shizkov? This is Daramon Hawkheart."