But Lunia was an outcast. All her beauty did her no good. The Vampires called her elf and the elves called her Vampire. She was stuck in between. Unwanted by both races.

Her mother abandoned her in a vampire village. The vampires abandoned her at a human settlement.

It was the werewolves that had smelt her out and saved her before the superstitious people of the Church in the village had drove a stake into her heart for having 'demon teeth'.

They had taken her to her father's palace. Where after some blood tests (actually tasting her blood) it was determined that she was the King's bastard daughter.

Her elf blood was visible through her pointy ears. Her mother was unknown. 

The only person in the world who had accepted her with open arms was her father.

The King.

Hanes Vitely. 

Nobody called her a bastard before him. To him she had always been 'Darling Lunia'. He loved her and cared for her. He had brought her anything in the world she had ever wanted.

And his betrayal stung the most.

All those days she pretended to be Melody the maid, she had seen him taking care of Peter Valor, hugging Catra Valor, treating her like his daughter.

Had he always been like this?

Like somewhere ,around the world, he didn't have a daughter who suffered every moment of her life? Who had to bear the endless torture of the guards. Who sometimes did not have food to eat, clothes to wear...

No. He didn't look like he cared.

She was sad that she was reduced to this, cursed, jealous fool. She was angry that she was jealous of Catra Valor.

Catra had everything Lunia didn't. 

She had a loving husband, a beautiful son, honour,  respect, the love of Hanes and even the maids of the castle loved her.

Playing as Melody, she had heard the talks in the castle. Of how great Catra was. Of how her life had gone from a lowly mortal slave to a Duchess. 

"No, Thank you." Lunia said, smiling at the waitress.
The waitress turned and walked away. The men in the restaurant were still looking at her. She felt like glaring. She felt like removing her shirt and showing them her ruined back. Or her jutting ribs.

Surely that would be a turn off for them.

Where the hell was Daramon Hawkheart?

She suggested coming through the portal to his castle in the elf relm but he had declined. She hoped he accepted to take her in. She was tired of living with the mortal mechanic.

She hated doing this.

She had to sell her body because she had no money, to buy herself a house. Now she was staying with a mortal mechanic. And paying him with her body.

And every night to get some money, she had to dance naked in front of fat, leering men.

She hated this. She hated them all.

Curse them. Curse the vampire, the elves, the demons and even the mortals. Curse them all. May they die in the fires of Hades. She will dance in their blood, she will-

"It's not good to think such thoughts." An amused male voice said.

She looked up at Daramon Hawkheart and smiled.

"Welcome Lord Hawkheart. I was starting to think the elves had forgotten about punctuality. " She said, raising a mocking eyebrow. 

He did not reply and just sat in the seat across from her with a sigh.