Chapter Twenty Two- "Is That How You Like It?"

Start from the beginning

            “And that is?” He replied, giving me a sly look.

            “Swimming.”

            “You want to go swimming?” He looked out into the backyard at the pool.

            “Yeah. Well, actually this is a funny story.” I laughed nervously. “I don’t exactly know how to swim.”

            His mouth dropped open but he quickly closed it remembering what I’ve been through. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

            “Well then let’s go swimming baby.”

            I smiled as he grabbed my hand, leading me upstairs to get changed.

            I’ve never gone swimming before because I’ve never been able to live anywhere with a pool. My foster families never really cared enough to teach me how to or get lessons so I never really learned.

            Reaching into my suitcase, I grabbed my bikini and quickly stripped myself, feeling Justin’s eyes burn into me.

            “Babe can you help me tie this please?” I held up the two strings around my waist, signaling for him to come over.

            His fingertips gently scraped the sides, making me take a sharp intake of breath.

            “Damn. You know you don’t have to wear anything at all in the pool. I could still teach you how to swim without a swimsuit. Maybe I could teach you a few new things too.”

            I giggled and crossed my arms over my chest. “Justin just tie it please.”

            I felt his hands caress the strings as he double knotted it and trailed his nails down my spine, making every hair on my body stand up.

            “You ready?”

            I turned around to face him and nodded my head, making my way out the door and down the stairs.

            “Babe you seriously have the best ass. Please wear that more often.”
            His compliments were so adorable but so embarrassing. I always felt self-conscious afterwards. I didn’t want to. I wanted to be like Carina in that way and feel sexy wherever I went but I just never thought I was that pretty.

            “Uh, Thanks.” I laughed awkwardly and pulled open the door to the patio.

            I froze when I saw the pool because it finally hit me that I’d have to actually go in there. I’ve always been scared of water because my worst fear was to die drowning.

            Turning back to look at Justin, he could tell I was starting to chicken out.

            “Don’t worry, it’ll be fine I promise. I’m not going to let anything happen to you.”

            Taking my hand, he led me over to the pool and stepped onto the first step leading into it.

            I dipped my toe in to feel the temperature and quickly realized it was a heated pool. Feeling like an idiot, I placed my feet onto the step and looked at him for what to do next.

            He climbed down the next two stairs so that the water was up to his waist and waved his hand for me to follow him. I did what I was told and stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do. I didn’t have a problem with being in the water; I just didn’t like being anywhere where my feet couldn’t touch.