R E D

M U S I C ^^

The skies were dark and sad,

Each tear falling my from the sky

Drip after drop

Until their cries became louder like a woman who had lost her first love.

Nonetheless, I stood seemingly still

as my mascara ran,

and my hair reverted into a kinky mess

And the confidence I had slowly began to wilt like a dying lily as I stood in front of the glass windows of the restaurant that we were supposed to meet at.

I hugged my body as my purse hung from my wrist and my body shivered from the cold tears of the sky.

It was a nice restaurant,

Much nicer than the diner we all bundled up in after their first big show.

He was so handsome,

More beautiful than I remembered.

His hair was darker and neat,

And his skin was kissed by the sun which made his sharp features more pronounced.

Reggie.

I would've never imagined this was how we'd meet again, after 7 years of life moving on.

I wore a red dress which was tight, part of me showing off the curves I had grown into and wanting to make him see what he could've had 7 years ago that night in my bedroom.

My lips were stained the color of roses on the valleys of France

And my hair was straight prior to my inability to move as my eyes were stuck on the boy who left me, yet still loved me.

Unknowingly tears begin to slip from my eyes as I watched him check his watch and look around anxiously.

I had been standing in this position for 30 minutes.

For 30 minutes I had been telling myself to walk in and at the same time, to walk away and finally close this chapter in my life.

Seeing him was closure enough,
but it wasn't.

My eyes shut momentarily and my shoulders shook as sobs raked through my body,

I was about to walk away from him.

Walk away from Reggie.

And I was scared because he was the only boy who made me feel prettier than a winter night sky.

My Reggie.

So, after several conflicting seconds, I sobered up, opening my eyes as they made contact with his hazel ones

Which made my heart skip and and my lip tremble.