13. choice

Summer vacation has started and you had no plans for it whatsoever.. at least not yet.
It's not like you ever did each year but things were a little bit different now.
You had new friends, and had a vampire as a partner.

You were making breakfast for the two of you and your waffle-making was interrupted by your vibrating phone.

"Hello?" You answered without looking at the called ID.

"F/n, it's Misono! Pack your bags, we are going on a trip! I will not accept no for an answer and my chofer will be there at noon." He said and quickly hung up before you responded.

"Well..." You shrugged it off. Starting out summer vacation with a road trip doesn't sound too bad. But is it really a vacation?

"Hey Kuro! We are going on a road trip!" You yelled as you prepared the breakfast plates.

"No." He bluntly responded.
-
Noon got here in no time and after Kuro's little complaints over leaving the house, he gave in.
You walked, carrying Kuro in your arms like if he was a little teddy bear towards Misono's limousine that was parked right in front of your apartment complex.
Opening the door, you were surprised to see Licht, Tetsu, Mahiru and Sakuya in there. You assumed that somehow Sakuya finally told Mahiru about his vampirism and managed to drag him in. The Servamps were in their animal-form due to the sunny outdoors.
You had no idea where you were going but you were expecting a nice and relaxing time off with friends.

2 hours later, the landscape starting changing to a more forest-like area. Knowing how rich Misono is, he most likely had a fancy camp house around.
Once you arrived, you knew "camp house" wasn't the correct term for the mansion that was right in front of you.

"We'll be staying in the first floor so don't go wandering around the second and third one." Misono said as he got out the vehicle.

Entering, Lily had made everyone form a line so he could show everyone where their room was.
Lust pair seemed to have everything all planned out for some reason.

The first room was Mahiru's and Sakuya's.

"So the next room will be Sloth pair." Lily said opening the door.

You walked in with Kuro, putting your bags down. The room had 2 nice beds with a TV on the front side.

"Hold on!!" Mahiru yelled from the back of the group.
"I can't accept this!"

"Accept what?" You asked turning to face him.

"You sleeping in the same room with a guy! I don't think so." He acted like a much older brother which you found both annoying and funny.

"Mahiru."

"Plus I don't trust Kuro—"

"Mahiru."

"What if—"

"MAHIRU!"
You yelled his name to get him to shut up.

"I trust Kuro and if anything.. I much rather have him be here for me than me staying by myself at night.." You lowered your tone a little bit more and look a Kuro, causing him to shyly look away.
The thing was, you've been having nightmares ever since that one evening at the school and Kuro was the only one who knew. He also was the only one who seemed to know how to help you calm down.

"Mahiru, our big brother is not like that. After all, I'm the servamp of Lust." Lily smirked but only said that to get him to chill out.

"Yeah yeah, whatever!" He looked at Kuro and gestured his fingers towards his own eyes and back at him, hinting that he has his eyes on him.

After they all left, you let out a long sigh and just giggled over his overprotective behavior.
"Mahiru is such a pain." Kuro added throwing himself on the bed.

-
Everyone got theirselves comfortable and told you and Kuro to meet them outside at night.
All the pairs, including Mahiru and Sakuya were waiting and all eyes were on you when you walked out.

You were starting to get a weird vibe and you couldn't understand why. It was so obvious they all knew something you didn't.

"What's going on?" You looked around and stood with Kuro right in front of them.

Misono made his chair appear and sat down, with Lily on the side.
"You see f/n,"

You gulped and started to get more nervous with the way he was speaking.
"Ever since the situation that occurred after the meeting, we all talked and came into two final choices for you."

"What do you mean?" Kuro asked, feeling a bit confused as well.

"With you being the most wanted Servamp and f/n not being able to handle her lead very well.. we honestly think it's best.." He stopped himself and took a deep breath. He knew how close you both have gotten and also along with the rest of the eves.

"Its best to dispose of the contract you have together."

"N—"

"Wait f/n." Hugh spoke up and told you to continue listening.

"Your mind is weak and we can't have you try and use your lead when it comes to fighting. What if next time is much worse?" Misono continued.

You looked down knowing that he does have a point but this is not what you wanted. Kuro looked at you and noticed the saddened facial expression on your face.

You have already told yourself that you were willing to try harder.. all you wanted was another chance. You were done being stubborn in facing this problem and allowing it to take over. But what if it happened again?

"But," Lily interrupted getting your attention back to them.
"We all know how you feel." He looked at everyone around and back to you both.

"So we're giving you two options!" Misono got up his chair and took a step forward.

"One, continue as Kuro's eve with a possibility of losing it or much worse or two, have no worries and dispose the contract.."

Before you could respond, an unfamiliar figure jump right behind you and Kuro causing him to quickly shield you from whoever it may be for your protection.
You turned around to meet the brown eyes of a tall blonde male with a snake on around his neck.

"So what is it going be?" He cunningly smirked.

Tbc!! I know I know, a bit of a cliff hanger but I can't help it! I love cliff hangers ;-)