12. returning past

Hello!! Here I am bringing you an update!!! :D I just saw how many views this story has and it makes me glad to see how many people are enjoying it! Thank you ^^ enjoy this chapter!! :3

The following day, you were awoken by the creaking sound of a door closing. But instead of paying attention of who may have came in or out.. your mind was simply at a blissful blank state of mind. It only took a few seconds for all your memories to rush to you all at once and you immediately felt a knot in your throat causing you to sit up and pant hard for air. You ran your fingers through your messy hair, shocked over the events that occurred yesterday. However, what got to you the most was the fact that it happened again.

You kept panting and were struggling to breathe properly. It has been awhile since you had such anxiety but quickly remembered the exercises that usually helped in calming yourself down.
It took a few minutes but eventually your breathing pattern was starting to slow down.
However, you needed to distract yourself before triggering it once again.

You slowly got up from your bed to avoid feeling lightheaded and tried to make your way towards door. You used the walls to balance yourself but adding the soreness from your legs made it quite difficult to do so.

You walked out the door towards the hallway, still using the walls for the balance. You called out Kuro's name in a very low tone while stuttering the first letter.

Kuro stepped out the kitchen and gave you a puzzled yet worrisome look.
"Are you okay?" He then made his way towards you.

"Not really..." You answered, tugging your hair behind your ear.
You looked weak and also had some bruises on your arms.
Kuro immediately took notice and looked away feeling at blame for everything that has happened to you. Since the day he showed up you've been attacked twice by vampire hunters, a vampire, and has caused you to remember what you wanted to forget.

"It's no biggie.." There was an unsure tone in your voice as you responded. It took a dreadful amount of time to work on your own to try and deal with your problem so you were a bit worried over it. However, one thing for sure is that you weren't alone anymore and you knew that.

"I..." Kuro was trying to respond but he didn't want to say the words.
"I'm sure you regret taking me in by now... and for your safety.. I.... I think we should cut ties f/n."

He looked away continuing to talk about someone who knew how to dispose a contract between Eve and Servamp but you weren't listening. The moment he spoke about cutting ties caused your heart to sink.
Tears started to form at the corner of your eyes hearing those words.
You started picturing your life without him but you couldn't.
"Kuro..." You sniffed causing the vampire to look back at you.

His eyes followed the tears that were falling from your red cheeks and was left with no words. He couldn't believe there was someone in his life shredding those types of tears for him.
You took some steps towards Kuro and pushing him back as you hugged him. His back hit the wall and he let himself fall down on the floor, taking you down with him. He kept himself balanced by using both arms to keep him up as you cried on his chest. Yet again, no words came out his mouth.

Although many unfortunate events have occurred since then, Kuro has managed to lighten up your life in more than one way. And it's worth going through any obstacle with Kuro by your side.

"I will fight whatever comes in my way, as long as you're here with me... I'll be alright. So don't leave..because I.. I lo-"

Your eyes widen and you felt the beat of your heart increase its speed. You had immediately cut yourself off once you realized what exactly you were going to tell him.
"I'll never regret you!!" You quickly added instead.
Kuro ended up hugging you back not only to comfort you but himself as well. He decided to not give up and work with you instead. The thing was that Kuro didn't want to leave you either since he also enjoys your presence. He has grown attached to you and a feeling resides deep within him that he is unable to explain or know how to demonstrate correctly.