Chapter Six

*Knight's perspective*

"What the hell was that about?" I turned to Sally when Laura walked away. "I looked at the phone number who sent it, it's your number!"

"No!" Sally said sarcastically. "If you realised that, why didn't you just tell Knight?"

"Because I wanted to give you a chance to explain yourself!" I moved away from Sally.

"Babe, just sit back down. She's not worth us fighting over, right?" Sally said in her fake, sweet voice. I took another step back. Had I really just wasted three weeks dating Satan?

"You had no right to out her," I growled at her. I followed Laura's lead and kicked the chair out of my way as I began to storm out of the cafe.

"If you leave now, we're done!" Sally threatened. I didn't even stop. I left quickly and didn't dare to look back. I can't believe that I dated someone who thought it was okay to out someone. How dare she?

"Laura!" I turned the corner to see Laura standing there crying on her own.

"Don't touch me!" Laura cried, pushing me away.

"Sally sent it, I didn't," I began. "I am so sorry, Laura. Sally saw you at Pride and got jealous at our study session. I am so sorry she did that."

"Yeah? Prove it." Laura wiped away her tears and looked up at me angrily. I didn't know what to do at first.

"Do you know the number that texted Olivia? Do you still have her phone?"

"No, I put it in her locker," Laura then pulled out her phone. "But I took a screenshot."

"Good, compare the number it was sent on and the number I gave you earlier." I was desperate. Laura pulled out the scrap piece of paper and checked them side by side. After a moment Laura nodded but began to cry again. I pulled her close and hugged her tightly. I held her still for several minutes. The hallway was empty so no one disturbed us. 

Laura suddenly pulled away. It looked as if she had stopped crying a few minutes ago. I looked down on her face and all I could now think about was how beautiful she was. She had the most amazing candy-green eyes and platinum blonde hair. All I wanted to do was kiss her lips. I didn't know if I should but my heart was telling me to. While my brain and heart were fighting, Laura had stood on her tiptoes and kissed me. I kissed her back.

This felt right.

"Wait, what about your girlfriend?" Laura suddenly returned to reality.

"We broke up." I said simply. Laura stared at me in disbelief before returning to our hug. I barely know this girl, why does she make me feel so fuzzy inside?