Chapter 17: Jealousy

The next day in class was great, in the hall earlier I noticed Camron watching Jermaine really closely. It didn't bother me much, I wanted him to see I was happy without him.

After class however, was a rude awakening. When Jermaine was walking out of class with me, Camron confronted us. I knew it was about to get ugly and it wasn't fair to Jermaine because I drug him into the drama, I hated that. I wanted to think things would run smoothly because I wasn't dating Jermaine, in all actuality he was turning into my best friend.

"Who's he Chanel?" Camron asked me.

"He's a friend, a good one..." I replied as Jermaine grabbed my waist asking if I was ready for him to get me home, I just nodded, The fact that Camron confronted us didn't seem to phase him one bit, he was strong and confident in himself, I loved that about him.

"No Chanel is not ready to go home, she is talking to me." Camron said.

I laughed a little and said, "No I'm ready Jermaine, We don't have anything to speak about unless it's about my babies." I attempted to walk away and I was immediately haulted, Jermaine was squeezing my arm tight I whimpered a little and looked back at him.

Jermaine let me go a few moments later, he was angry and I didn't understand why until He punched Camron in the face. "You the grimey nigga who left her with twins?" He yelled, "She deserves more and you the nigga to hurt her?"He kept punching him, I was backing up because I didn't want to get hurt nor lose the babies.

When the fight was over Jermaine walked away like nothing happened, He came to me taking my books asking "You okay? Did I hurt you? I'm sorry" I just nodded saying "I'm fine..."

After Jermaine got me home and made sure I was fine He stayed for a while with me, I was glad because I was scared. I was afraid Camron would do something crazy, I wanted to be dreaming but I wasn't. I started falling asleep on him and didn't want him to leave so he stayed the night in my room. We didn't have sex that night, only cuddling and watching movies. It was peaceful.

The next day Jermaine had to work before his classes had to start so he left around six o'clock a.m. I had class which started at 8a.m. so I left about a hour after Jermaine, After a long train ride I was down the street from school, Camron was waiting outside of my first building, I was scared and wanted to run away but I couldn't.

"Chanel we need to talk," He said as I got closer

" 'Bout what?" I looked at him nervous, I knew the fear was in my eyes but I didn't want it to get the best of me, as I got closer He clinched my arm, it hurt, bad. He squeezed my arm tighter, it made my eyes water.

He walked me inside, he had a smile on his face, I felt like something was about to go wrong but I couldn't walk away he was holding me so tight. He walked me into a bathroom and cleared it out and locked the door as everyone exited.

As the last person walked out he slapped me causing me to fall to the floor, it happened so quickly I didn't have time to react, nor did I have time to cry. When I hit the floor I hurried crawling toward a stall covering my stomach. He laughed watching me, like a cat watches it's prey. He walked over to me and grabbed me forcing me to stand, and started beating me.

He didn't touch my stomach or let me fall and hurt myself, He was hitting my face and my legs, it seemed like it was as hard as he could, After a few hits i begin to cry, and then scream, I screamed for help but it seemed like nobody would ever hear me, I was fighting back and fighting hard.

The last thing I remembered was him beating me, I had blacked out. Was I dead? If I was alive, what about my babies? They couldn't die due to my own dumb behavior. This is my fault.