What happened only minutes ago weighed down upon Kyoko like a ton of bricks as she nodded twisting her hands in her lap.

"You really wanted to say yes and you have been doing alot better with your self assurance. I'm not the only one who's noticed that you have come into your own while on the show. But now it's finally time to let go of the fears you grew up with. You do not always have to appear perfect Kyoko, you do not have to cry alone and never show your emotions to the people who care about you. I realised after the first time Kuu and Kuon asked you to come snorkeling with us, that I'm guessing you can't swim?"

The shake of Kyoko's head was all that was needed to confirm this. Maemi slipped from the chair and knelt before Kyoko. Taking the young woman's hands in her own she smiled up at the younger woman.

"Kyoko you have found how to take pride in yourself. You found that you are worthy of love and being loved and I and everyone else out there believes in that. Truly we do. I have never seen a man so in love as Kuon is with you, so I think it's about time you dropped that last little ounce of fear that made you say no and go out there and tell Kuon the truth...don't you?"

Kyoko breathed in deeply. Was Maemi right? Was it just that last ounce of uncertainty that held her back? That last little memory of never being good enough for her mother? Never being good enough for Sho and the Fuwa's? Always striving to be perfect and show them that she was worth something? But she was somebody... She was worth something, and the simple fact was she didn't need to be perfect for Kuon to love her. As Maemi had just said he already did. Kyoko smiled and squeezed Maemi's hand.

"Thank you! I know what I need to do now."

Maemi smiled and stood up offering Kyoko a hand to help her rise. "Well you just make sure you're good to him or I might just change my mind about making him mine."

Kyoko giggled as she let Maemi help her up. "If I ever need a reminder you have permission to make me remember."

It took only a few minutes for them to check each other over before they exited the office together. With Kyoko going first they went back to their original places.

"I wonder if we have any viewers left if Lory has been the entertainment?" Maemi stage whispered making everyone aware of their return as Kyoko smiled prettily fighting back a laugh.

"I'm sorry Kuon, would you mind starting again... I wasn't quite ready before." Kyoko asked quietly.

Damn the high tech recording equipment. Kyoko knew Lory had been using it so of course they would hear her. Kuon cleared his throat and Kyoko smiled at him again. This was it and Kuon's heart was hanging on by a thread as he tried to get the words out, tried to tell Kyoko how much she meant to him. How much he loved her. He always had and always would. But the words wouldn't come as those golden eyes stared lovingly into his.

"Be mine?" Kuon whispered his heart ready to explode if she shot him down again.

This time her small hands found his and just like on the morning of his birthday Kyoko rose onto her tip toes and just before their lips met Kyoko whispered the words that Kuon thought he would never hear.

"Always."

It had been 12 months. 12 months to the day that the T.V show The Bachelor: 25 Women, 1 Wife had ended and tonight for the first time they were getting as many of the contestants and involved members back together as possible for a reunion show. Of course there had been those who were unable to attend which was unfortunate. Some others had refused entirely to be associated with the show or any of the people after the show.

Kyoko smiled as yet another private car pulled up outside the hotel where they were meeting. Kuon couldn't help but chuckle at his girlfriend's excitement. Kyoko had moved up steadily. Her career was now at a level where she was having to refuse more roles than she could take, she simply didn't have enough time in the day. Even though without her manager Makoto she may have tried to.

25 Women 1 Wife. (A Skip Beat! Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें