Kyoko's date: Act 1

Kuon looked down at his pocket watch and smiled happily. The guests had left and Kyoko had literally been dragged away from cleaning up by his mother to go and get changed as Lory had  planned fireworks for just them and the people staying at the mansion that evening. The crew, Makoto  and the rest were invited too. Tomorrow Kyoko had informed him would be her day to take him on a date and Kuon’s heart was soaring.

“So did you have a nice day?” Sachi asked as she walked over and joined Kuon in the window. She was wearing jeans, comfortable warm boots and a big warm looking coat.

“It’s been wonderful, thank you.” Kuon said smiling at her with a warm smile. Sachi smiled back at Kuon but it was a little sad and Kuon picked up on it immediately. “What's wrong?” he asked turning fully to face her. Sachi looked down for a moment before putting her hand in her pocket and pulling out her phone. Swiftly maneuvering the touch screen device with her thumb she opened what Kuon could see was a video before handing it to Kuon.

It was that morning. The video must have been taped from the live streaming cameras that followed them around. Kuon watched as Lory questioned him about all of the different women and what he thought of them all. Sachi stood beside Kuon looking out the window Kuon had been looking out of when she had arrived.

“Did you really mean that?” she asked suddenly breaking the silence between them. Kuon looked at her with questioning eyes. He had said so much in the interview he wondered which part she was questioning. “When you said that you believe me and Seina could really be competition to your mother?” Kuon smiled and nodded.

“Sachi I would never have said it if I did not believe it. You both have wonderful talents and I for one cannot wait to see how far you both will go.” Sachi searched Kuon’s eyes and saw the truth and warmth there in his words. But she was right. In her own mind something was missing in that warmth. Sachi turned back to look out of the window.

“The winner of this game was decided a long time ago, wasn’t it?” Sachi asked as Kuon’s sudden flinch answered the question for her. “You know there were so many women in the beginning and I never would have even considered her to be the one. The more I got to know her  the more amazing she became. She has grown so much from this show alone and she seems to grow daily in her own little way, constantly changing yet staying the same in the same breath. “

Kuon watched Sachi. He had known his feelings were growing stronger and harder to hide daily, but he had prided himself as an actor to hide them.

“So how did you know i had fallen in love with her?” he asked as Sachi smiled again.

“I suppose we have become friends Kuon. The more I got to know you the more it became apparent that there was already someone residing in your heart. I watched and I waited hoping that your heart could be swayed and that maybe it was more of a crush than the real thing. But that...” Sachi pointed to the video still playing in Kuon’s hands. “That proved otherwise. You have made friends of all the women remaining, but none of them bring out a reaction from you like Kyoko does. I watched as you recieved her present today. Make no mistake that was entirely Kyoko. She told no one she had prepared it even though we had all tried to get one up on each other buying you individual gifts. She gave the gift as if from all of us...and dare I say the gift, even though completely  random in nature, was the most wonderful gift.”

Kuon nodded slowly. It was a wonderful gift, it had taken time and thought on Kyoko’s part. It wasn’t the type of gift you could just go out and buy, it had to be dreamed up in the beginning which was what made it so special.

“I’m sorry Sachi....” What could he say? He watched as Sachi smiled sadly again.

“We all hoped it would be us, even me I suppose..... Though I wonder if I could ever truly fall in love with you Kuon? You have so many faces. You  grow daily just as she does. You're in a class of your own, both of you. Flying off somewhere in the sky where us mere mortals cannot go.” Sachi was surprised as a large hand wrapped around hers.