Living her Fairytale

Start from the beginning

"No I do not think that just because you accidentally rejected Kuon that he would make the same offer to me. I'm not the woman he's in love with and no matter how much I have tried and how many different ways I have tried I've not been able to change that." Maemi watched the woman before her.

She had been the biggest challenge Maemi had ever come across. Maemi knew people and how to work them to manipulate them to her own desires. But here were two people that had thwarted her. From the first day Maemi had known Kyoko was her biggest threat. That first day she had watched all of them. Learning about their personalities, weaknesses and strengths. It;s what she had been taught to do since she was old enough to understand that people did not always say what they meant. Her mother and her grandfather were both top class lawyers. They lived in a world of lies and truths and that was what she had been taught... well to read the people that told them. She had seen in that first day in the way he looked at her. Though he tried to hide it for the sake of fairness.

To begin with Maemi had thought that she could change his mind, that she could be the one always in his thoughts, in his dreams. She had tried everything from befriending Kyoko to protecting and mothering her. She had even gone as far as to try and belittle her in front of Kuon, then turned her frustration on Kyoko before finally understanding that it simply was not meant to be.

"You know when I first meet you I thought you were a right Mary-Sue." Kyoko who had just been trying to understand the full extent of Maemi's words stared at her sudden change of conversation.

"Excuse me?" she asked not understanding the term.

"You know perfect?" Kyoko just stared at Maemi who smiled and shook her head slightly "You either had everything, or were able to do everything perfectly. At first I thought you were trying to show off. It wasn't until after I heard your background story that I understood you're not perfect."

Kyoko just shot her an annoyed look which made Maemi want to laugh. "I never said I was perfect." The annoyance in Kyoko's voice was evident.

"I never said you did, but you see just your upbringing aids you in seeming perfect."

Kyoko was now by this point extremely confused. "What does my upbringing have to do with any of this?"

Maemi sank into the chair beside the desk. "Everything to be honest. Kyoko what was the most important thing to your mother?"

Again Kyoko sat there stunned. By this point Maemi was pretty sure Kuon and his heartfelt plea were the last thing on Kyoko's mind. "She wanted me to be clever, but I was never clever enough."

Maemi nodded. "And what makes the perfect Okami?"

At this point Kyoko was just answering on instinct wondering if Maemi was going anywhere with this little chat or whatever it was? "She's the pillar that holds the entire establishment together! She does everything that the Tashio does not. Greeting customers, making sure everyone is happy, she is the perfect picture of grace and elegance."

Again just a nod from Maemi before she looked Kyoko deeply in the eyes. "Do you think the Okami-san is perfect though? Do you think Fuwa-san's mother was perfect?"

Kyoko was perplexed. "She was a wonderful Okami-san!"

Maemi smiled the smile that was now starting to bug Kyoko the smile that seemed to say she understood something Kyoko did not. "Yes but was she herself perfect?"

Kyoko almost felt flustered. "Of course she wasn't but the Okami-san should always appear to be."

Maemi smiled fully now. "See that's where your Mary Sue traits come in." Kyoko was all about ready to leave the room at this point, but Maemi continued. "But it's also where your answer tonight came from Kyoko. It was a mistake when you said no to Kuon wasn't it?"