Curiosity Has Struck

Hi, guys! Yes, I am alive. I have been going through your comments and got distracted. I couldn't stop laughing, you are all wonderful and amazing, the kind of people I wished I could hang around all day every day. Unfortunately, that probably isn't going to happen, so our connections through writings, comments, and messages are about as far as it is going to get. Next, I have to go through my inbox, I dread doing that because I will be responding so late. So...yeah. Now, without further ado, your friend and biggest fan presents this chapter, my lovely readers! I love you guys!

Point of View: Ánemos 

Apollo is quite amusing with his curious expression as he studies my right hand. 

"Is that fun?" I question. 

"I thought that maybe if I looked at your hand, then I would find answers," the Sun God admits. "I am disappointed to say that there is nothing familiar here at all. I thought I had seen the hands of every living thing under the sun, but these are new to me. And your past is...missing from them." 

"I disconnected from my past life," I inform him. 

"You sacrificed it," he corrects automatically. 

"Indeed," I reply simply. 

"But should you not still see it?" Athena worms her way into the conversation. 

"No, it was willingly given up even with a longing at its absence. I can tell it was done to preserve the life of one he loved dearly. That is all," Apollo answers sadly. "Perhaps if I found someone who lived alongside him through all of it, then maybe I could see it." 

"There is no guarantee that you will know which memories belong to me, however," I remind him. 

"True. I hear truth in your words, no lies at all. I feel as if you are hiding something but I cannot hear it. Why is that?" Apollo mutters. 

"Because I am hidden from you and a man without a past is always secretive without even trying to be," I muse. 

"Enough, brother, please stop pestering my Defender," Artemis interjects, cutting Apollo off before he can continue to inspect me. 

"We may speak later, Lord Apollo. I am certain we have the time," I amend the hurt on his face easily and he beams brightly before settling on his throne once more. 

"Back to the matter at hand," Dionysus grunts. 

"Absolutely," Demeter agrees. 

"Do we even know what is causing such chaos in the natural world?" Hera wonders. 

"The Lord of the Wild keeps reporting strange and impossible happenings," Dionysus sighs out. 

"The poor dear is worried and adamant that the use of Panic is behind some of the random attacks and outbursts of growth," Demeter adds. 

"Panic?" Artemis chirps. "Is that not an ability he was granted by Pan himself in the Labyrinth?" 

"Yes, it was. He is the only living creature with that ability now as far as we are aware. We have no idea where to even start. Did you find anything on your journeys?" Poseidon speaks up and again my attention is brought to the old god. 

He looks...defeated but not broken. He still has hope, a hope that will never come to pass. I almost feel as if I should find a way to let him down gently, but he is an immortal and time will eventually heal his wounds as it always will due to his heritage. That fact is true for all those who descend from his father in some way. 

"Nothing. We were tracking an animal, but no luck. The trail suggested the poor creature was frightened out of its mind as it fled. The source was nowhere to be found, no traces. It irritates me. What could create such a problem? And right under our noses?" Artemis responds.