His Christening

Hey, guys! I am going around and updating ;)! So, here we are, my lovely readers!

Point of View: ??????

I let her come near me, such a horrid idea. 

"You have no name..." She murmurs.

"I do not." I agree. 

"May I name you?" She questions.

"You wish to give me a name?" This intrigues me and I let my eyes meet hers. 

"Do you not want one?" She raises an eyebrow.

"It is amusing." I say.

"Amusing?" She chirps. 

"Name me, then, moon goddess." I let my lips spread into the smallest of smiles.

"Ánemos." She smiles.

"Wind." I chuckle.

"You move fast enough." She studies me closer.

"Yes, I suppose I do. You also took it from my earlier words." I reply.

"So I did." She agrees.

"And now what am I supposed to do, Artemis?" I watch as the shadows dance beyond the clearing.

"I want you to come with me." She tells me.

"My lady, he is bleeding." Phoebe comes over and I look down.

I raise my hand to my eyes and study the golden ichor. I frown and shift the fabric of my cloak behind my shoulder. My shoulder is bleeding and I see the puddle where the blood dripped from my fingertips.

"What happened?" Phoebe inquires.

"I did not do this." I shake my head. "This was not here a moment ago."

"I did it." Artemis says and places her hand over the crescent moon carved into my shoulder. "Or rather, tethering to me did this to you. And you felt nothing?"

"I have an extreme tolerance for pain." I inform her.

"How come?" Phoebe demands.

"My past is not for your ears, huntress. There are some things in this world you do not need or want to know. I will not be responsible for ruining your view of the world. I have done enough damage in my life." I answer.

"It cannot be so bad." She rolls her eyes.

"Then you will never comprehend." I whisper.

"Excuse me?" Phoebe snaps.

"Phoebe." Artemis shakes her head.

I disperse the blood and stop its flow, making my patron's eyes widen by a marginal amount.

"What did you do?" She takes my hand and looks for any signs of blood.

"I rid the blood from my skin and staunched the flow from the emblem now blazoned upon my shoulder." I apprise her.

"But how?" She inspects the new mark. 

"There is water in everything." I say.

She eyes me suspiciously. "You must rest."

"As you wish." I bow my head.

"Girls set up camp here." Artemis orders and then turns her eyes back on me. "You may sleep in my tent tonight. I will be at a meeting later. I will make sure you sleep before you come with me." She snaps her fingers and her tent pops up next to us. "Come along." She pulls on me. 

Not wanting to hurt her, I do as told. 

"I realize you are a free spirit." She says as the tent flap closes behind me.

I look back at it, only to find she is looking straight up at me as I return my attention to her.

I smile a little. "I do not sleep."

"Try." She encourages and leads me over to where she sleeps. Then she goes to her desk, sitting down while I stand where she put me. 

"I have not slept since my fifth century as an immortal. It is when I truly lost what I called humanity." I murmur. "Human needs...I have not done those things in quite some time." 

"Lie down." She orders.

I sigh and sit down on the bed. I look at my feet and wonder how to become how I used to be.

'Think back and remember, you were always such a sweet child.'

'Child?'

No answer.

I sigh again.

"Do not make me repeat myself, Ánemos." Artemis says.

I look over to find she is going through papers and maps galore. I make myself lay down and stare at the ceiling. I turn over and my eyes slide closed. This is the first time in a long while I have done such things. Is it really so easy?

As the darkness creeps in on my mind, I let loose my control over my mental block. One I never really paid attention to. 

Am I able to love them?

Can I let them in?

'Yes...'

The sweet blackness clouds my thoughts and my breathing deepens.