New Beginnings

I graduated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee!!!! Anyway, without further ado, my lovely and loyal readers, here is another chapter!

Point of View: Ánemos

We walk out of the tent together and Phoebe comes up to me with a serious expression on her face.

"I sense you have something you wish to ask of me, what is it you are wondering about?" I speak before she can open her mouth. 

"Tis about love." Phoebe holds her head high.

"I see." I nod and Artemis looks befuddled. "Go ahead."

"Have you ever loved anyone before?" She demands of me as the others gather around to hear it, she must have told them then.

"Indeed, I have." I respond and the girls murmur to each other.

"Was it Zoë that you fell for?" She hisses.

I do not jump as Artemis does, nor do I cringe like the rest of them but Thalia do.

"No." I say simply. "My heart belonged and yet still belongs to someone who lives on even now. However, everyone is alive. No one dies. Your previous Lieutenant," I walk right up to her and set my hand over her heart, causing her to blush madly. "Is in here and she watches over you from above. You might find me coldhearted, but I admit I have not always been so."

"Her name?" Phoebe asks, her voice breathless as I take my hand away.

I shake my head. "I will never admit it to you, not even if ordered to by Lady Artemis. She may own me, but my tie with her does not force me into being uncomfortable around her. If I were to tell her, or any of you, I would not be able to live anymore. Do not ever ask this of me. I will even get down on my knees before you to beg you never to burden me with this weight. It is truly too much for even me to bear. My heart cannot take much more and it is on its final beat. I will protect you, love you as my family, cherish you as I used to cherish others, but there are some secrets you may not know about me. I will never be ready to reveal it to you, just as I will never show you who I am. I respect you and I hope and pray you will give me the same respect to honor my wishes."

"Why?" She asks quietly.

This time, it is a question for all of my answers, rather than a specific one.

"Do you want to see someone in so much pain, it would rip the world you know apart?" I reply.

She shakes her head. "Never."

"That is why." I explain.

"How would this pain of yours tear down the world?" Thalia whispers.

"I contain so many secrets, boundless knowledge, and my heart is at its absolute limit. My shoulders bear a weight that never seems to peak, only continue to grow. My mind may be strong, my heart may be strong, and my shoulders may bear the weight of others for all time, but to take on my own burdens with no one there at my side, I would be in such terrible agony, it would destroy all you and I hold dear. I am powerful, if you have not noticed." I shake my head. "Enough so that I would lose control and kill every living thing, erase it from existence. Do not push e past my breaking point. Even I have my limits." I elucidate.

"Very well. We will not ask again." Artemis nods.

"Somehow, I doubt that." I frown and she scowls. "Fate always finds a way of tormenting me. Avoiding others prolonged that inevitability, now I am out for all to see, not the wisest decision I have made in my time of being."

"Will we know her if we see her?" Thalia demands.

"Indeed, you would." I allow.

"I think she meant, if we watch you around her, will we understand at that point in time?" Phoebe rephrases.