Chapter 1

I’ve always known what I wanted in life. To work under the glimmering stars of Los Angeles. I wasn’t going to let anyone stop me. Not even a boy. But little did I know when I moved out to the streets of Los Angeles I was in for a pleasant surprise. This is my story…

"Next in for the interview, Ms. Joan…" That was me Joan. I was in line to possibly have the job of being R5s new assistant on tour for the summer. I was a struggling college student, 21, & in need of experience & a foot in the door. I was always determined to work hard & get what I want. This was my shot & I couldn’t blow it. 

"Hello my name is Mark Lynch, nice to meet you." I extended my hand to greet him & introduced myself. " hello my name is Joan but you can call me J." He went through my resume & I was so nervous bc I didn’t have the experience that everyone had. Sure I was a fan but I wasn’t a creepy one. I took this possibility seriously & I knew if I got it I would have to be professional. " look J I’m gonna be honest with you, everyone that’s come in this room has worked with a lot if people & they have a lot more experience than you do. So why should I hire you?" 

I replied & said, ” look I may not have as much experience as everyone, but this is my life. This is what I was born to do. It’s been my dream to work with artists. I want to help & learn with everything I can. Anything I don’t know I’ll learn & always give 110%. I just need a chance”. ” well thank you J, I’ll let you know what happens”. He just stared at me & I thought wow i blew it. 

As I’m exiting I accidentally bump into this tall blonde guy. “Omg I’m so sorry, I’m such a klutz”. “It’s no worries”. He said. As I looked I knew exactly who he was. It was r5s bass player Riker Lynch. Tall, blonde, & handsome. Of course I thought he was hot but I just left a meeting with his dad. I couldn’t show any emotion. “Well sorry about that, I have to go but it was nice meeting you”. “You too, I hope to see you around”- Riker said. 

I left so embarrassed & saw I was late for sushi with my best friend Mary! I had to leave immediately. 

Riker: 

" dad who was that?". " just another girl in interviewed for the assistant job, why?"- Mark said. " just asking."- Riker said with a smirk on his face. " don’t get any ideas Riker. These girls aren’t for you to flirt with, it’s to actually help us out."- Mark said. " I got it dad. Don’t worry, I know your rules." 

Back to J:

"Hey girl thanks for saving a table & ordering!"

"Of course, how did the interview go?"-Mary said. "I don’t think well, but well see. It would be such a killer job if I got it though!"- I said.

"Don’t worry your awesome & they would be stupid not to hire you!"- Mary said. 

At that moment my phone rung & I answered. “Hello?”- I said. “Hey J it’s mark, look I wanted to call & tell you we would like to offer you a position wit us. It’s for the summer tour & we’d love to have you.” “Oh wow  seriously. I would be honored. I fully accept!”- i said! “That’s great, I’ll email you some details this week so we can start prepping”-Mark said. 

I hung up the phone & started jumping up & down like a crazy person. ” let me guess you got the job?”-Mary said. We instantly started jumping together & I was so excited! What was in store for me? You’ll just have to keep reading to find out.

Feed back would be greatly appreciated!!

XOXO

Summer!